Default Ending Employment

I'm just wondering if I can voluntary end my employment before I'm totally released to go back to work. I know I'm not going to be able to go back the same job I was doing and will be placed somewhere else. Plus I'm fortunate enough to have the choice of being a stay at home mom or work. My husband is pushing for me to stay home but at the same time I don't want to have to pay out of my own pocket to finish the healing process.

Default Re: Ending Employment

There is virtually no reason to voluntarily quit your job while out on a WC injury leave.
    If you did, then the carrier could claim as voluntarily removing yourself from the open labor market, you are suffering no wage loss, and petition the WC court to change this to a medical only claim. No more TTD.

You would be much further ahead not to quit at this point. There is no reason to rock this boat. You are in no jeapordy at this point.
    You won't have to pay out of pocket for medical care...the claim stays open even if you do quit.
    IMHO... just let the claim play out. Concentrate on treating your injury, and recovering. You can address the return to work issues once you are stable/MMI and released.

either party -employer or employee -can terminate their relationship at any time during the course of a comp claim.
    however if you are released to modified work and the original employer is otherwise able to provide it, temporary disability benefits can be terminated.

I'm not worried about the money. Even being there full time doesn't pay enough to justify the drive I take everyday. I'm just wanting to be able to still have the medical. I'm probably going to be released the end of this week anyways. Thank you for the responses!

I'm just wanting to be able to still have the medical.
    GHP/Group Health Plan participating as ER paid benefits, or the medical care under the comp claim.
    As I said, the comp claim/benefits stay with you regardless...

Everything you receive in a claim is ''money''... medical care is ''money'', they are paying the bills. It's always about the ''money''. I still would not voluntarily terminate your employment. The other reason is, IF you are terminated by your ER, you would be eligible for UI/unemployment ins benefits when you are released to RTW...you quit, no UI. I don't know anyone who doesn't need the money, regardless of where it comes from, or what their bank account looks like.