Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default WC and Federal Income Tax Filing

    hey guys/gals, just wondering.. this is the first year i've never earned any income.. only income i recieved is from SSDI, WC, and CASDI... does my wife just claim head of household, or how to you others do this who might be in my situation.. just trying to maximize our return.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Default Re: WC and Federal Income Tax Filing

    Ask a tax preparation service for guidance on head of household.
    There is no reason you wouldn't be elilgible for that status.

    There is a form on the back of your SSA1099 for calculating 'other income' that affects your SSDI and tax status. If you have other income on the same filing, an amount over the base, ie your wifes wages, may affect your SSDI benefits and taxable income.

Similar Threads

  1. Federal Income Tax
    By ransa in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-18-2010, 04:38 PM
  2. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 05-02-2009, 12:28 PM
  3. Federal WC
    By birdlover in forum Federal Employees Workers' Comp
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-19-2008, 06:25 PM
  4. Federal v. State
    By Unregistered in forum California
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-22-2007, 02:30 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-02-2005, 05:16 AM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Find a Lawyer