Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: a Good Workers Compensation Attorney in Southern California

I have a good lawyer the name is graiwer and Kaplan and they take you to good doctors that you need like internist orto surgeon and psyche. Let me know if interested and I give u the phone number and directions. Thanks

... they take you to good doctors that you need like internist orto surgeon and psyche
    Not all claims are like yours. This IW may not be permitted to treat outside the MPN.

Just because an AA sends an IW to different doctors isn't generally enough reason to change, or get a AA in the first place.

Thank you so much. I just sent them an E-Mail.
    I received a recommendation from Bill Handle on the radio. He recommended Rick Mendoza and Koszdin in Van Nuys. I was told not to go with Mendoza in Long Beach.
    It does not hurt getting information from a WC Attorney to see if they can give me good advise.

Watch the big firms like those on billboards, TV and radio.
    They are generally "mills", lots of attys, more paralegals who actually handle the claims.
    Be SURE you see a "real" attorney, understand exactly what the process is, how you will be communicated with and how often. Will your questions be addressed by the atty or the paralegal.

WC is a volumn business for all the parties of interest. AA take 100's of claims just to keep the cash flow going.

I agree. Many WC Lawyers spend time to get you on board, then you never hear back from them.
    Im just attempting to find an honest WC lawyer in ventura county, los angeles county that will answer my questions and do what in my best interest.
    My left wrist is still black and blue, swollen and hurts like hell after surgery 3 weeks ago. Dont know if this is normal and need to wait more time for swelling and pain to
    disappear. Dont know what my condition will be next month once physical therapy is done. Dont know if my doctor will rate me at this time or ask for more physical therapy
    if Im still not recovered. My disability insurance dollars will end 20 December 2010. Dont know what to do after this time if I can't work. I will have to wait and see.

Im just attempting to find an honest WC lawyer in ventura county, los angeles county that will answer my questions and do what in my best interest.
    What do you want or expect the atty to do?
    Everyone says "in my best interests"... rarely if ever have I seen any explanation of what that is....?

Atty can't get more treatment, can't get higher ratings, can't get you to a hearing faster...those would be in your best interests.

AA/Applicant Attys negotiate with a CA or DA in resolving disputed medical issues in an attempt to resolve informally. When that isn't possible, there are dispute resolution process in place under the statutes/labor code. AA isn't going to expediate that process either.

Lots of things changed with the passage of SB 227 and 899 in 2004, we have Arnold to thank for that.
    In the 'old days', AA's had a little more in options in representating an IW... there were Defense QME, Applicant QME, and AME's to attempt resolution of disputed issues. AA's no longer have those tools to the extent previously enjoyed.
    The only good thing with that process being eliminated is the process moves a bit faster now.

Did you go to www.caaa.org for a AA list in your zip code ? The better applicant attys belong to CAAA/California Applicant Attorneys Association.
    My disability insurance dollars will end 20 December 2010. Dont know what to do after this time if I can't work.
    I don't think the status in your claim is clear yet.
    What 'disablity ins' is ending in Dec ?
    Are you not receiving TTD with the current claim?
    Have you applied for SDI/state disability ins...? If not, you should do that to protect your date of entitlement. If the TTD runs out, SDI would pick up for an additional 52 weeks if your PTP still certifies disability.
    Last edited by BvIA; 10-09-2010 at 10:48 AM.

I was receiving TTD payments from the WC Carrier in 2007 for my surgery on intersection syndrome. My second injury in 2005 was not treated with Surgery, De Quervains.
    I collected benefits for around 50 weeks, then went back to work in March 2009 for another company. Terminated 10 months later for not being able to perform work load.
    I can not collect TTD after two years of injury starting in November 2005. I am on State Disability since July 2010. State Disability (thru EDD) told me that I only have enough money in my claim to collect till 20 December 2010, around 6 months. It appears this is based on my last quarter of work in Jan-Mar 2009, making $13,890.
    If I am still injured after State Disability runs out 20 December 2010, can I apply for Social Security at age 53? I dont understand how this all works?

information on Social Security
    http://www.nosscr.org/faq.html

If I am still injured after State Disability runs out 20 December 2010, can I apply for Social Security at age 53? I dont understand how this all works?
    You can and should apply for SSDI and the sooner the better. Delaying application can be cause for forfeiting benefits, SSA only goes back a specfied time frame...generally 2 years in retro benefits.

Just be prepared for denial of SSDI. There is a much higher threashold for qualifying, and you must be 100% disabled under SSA definition. Much different than what WC mandates.

SSDI is not for temporary disability or wage replacement like WC TTD is.

Try Smith&Garfunkel in Ontario Calif. Great WC AA's. thier in the phone book,