Default Out of State Work Comp

I was injured in Mississippi and now i reside out of state. The court have ordered that worker comp pay for my treatment and everything but thats not the problem. the problem is there isnt a doctor in the state i reside in now that will except mississippi worker comp so im stuck. My lawyer aint had this type of case before so im wondering since i cant find a doctor here what will happen next. Before i left mississippi the doctor i was seeing said i needed to have my knee scoped again cause of what he seen from the MRI. So my question is what will happen next?

Default Re: Out of State Work Comp

if want more treatment you'll have to return to mississippi.

Quote Quoting .SH View Post
    if want more treatment you'll have to return to mississippi.
    OR... keep looking for a Dr in TX to treat to the Mississippi standards... and WC mandates.
    You can contact the CA/Claims Adjuster handling your claim for assistance in finding a Dr.
    This is but one of the difficulties IW's face when relocating from one state to another.

Ok. I have tried that but no doctor will except the case. Said something that they didnt do out of state working comp. Just wondering what will happen next if i cant find a doctor who will. Before i left mississippi the surgeon said i needed a scope done again but we left weeks later.

Talk to your atty, get authorization to return to MS for treatment... or, you may be forced to pay out of pocket, and submit for reimbursement.

You cannot be held back from living where ever you wish... however your ER/IC is not required to chase you from state to state to pay for benefits. WC is not ''insurance'' for the employee/IW, the ER is the insured party.