Default TTD Checks Stopped Coming

1st post so go easy If I mess up. I've been reading this forum for last 2 years and now I need some help.

1st off, I have an attorney and for as little as I've needed him so far he's been great.

Almost to the day 2 yrs. ago I herniated 3 discs. I've been going through pain management cause 2 different doctors told me a triple fusion wouldnt be a good idea (which i agree after doing my own research) so that being said, i've done it all and pain management (scripts and back brace) have help me make it through the last 2 yrs.

I've had no problems getting anything so far from my employer who btw is self insured and has a management company doing all the leg work, but about 2 weeks ago my ttd checks stopped coming. I called and the adjuster said it was a banking change... we'll after missing another ttd check, i called the company and she said the filed for bankruptcy and she cant release my checks. Obviously I immediately called my attorney who says he's on it...19b and we actually had a voc rehab up for hearing so he added the 19b

well im broke, bills are due and my mortgage will be late for the 1st time in 20 yrs. i've eaten through my savings the last 2 years and my attorney said this isnt a fast process.

now im stuck and dont know what to do. since they've filed for bankruptcy and are self insured, i guess theres nothing to do but wait for something to happen in the courts, right?
    Last edited by zorgo; 11-01-2010 at 07:13 PM.

Default Re: A Little Help

wrong.
    contact all your creditors and potential creditors pronto. it's too late to ask for help after you run up a huge debt. alert them and ask for help before it gets critical.
    folllow-up with letters documenting that you notified them of your disability status and are requesting an interruption in payments until your situation is corrected.
    get professional advice --there are a number of legitimate debt counselors who will provide step by step help-- some with little or no fees.

Quote Quoting .SH View Post
    wrong.
    contact all your creditors and potential creditors pronto. it's too late to ask for help after you run up a huge debt. alert them and ask for help before it gets critical.
    folllow-up with letters documenting that you notified them of your disability status and are requesting an interruption in payments until your situation is corrected.
    get professional advice --there are a number of legitimate debt counselors who will provide step by step help-- some with little or no fees.
    thanks and my credit is very very good so i figure im gonna take a hit if i dont talk to them. what happens when the self insured company files bankruptcy? i understand they have a fund setup but this could take a long time for me to get a hearing or any kind of payments. so in the meantime, they just get away with stopping ttd checks.

i don't understand what you want from the company.
    you want them to send you checks that will bounce?!
    they are bankrupt. i wouldn't say they are getting away with anything. they lost the company.
    you are in a better position then most of their creditors. you, at least, have a guarenty fund that will eventually step in and make good.
    don't look at what you lost; look at what you didn't lose.

you'd probably complain if you weren't hung with a new rope.....
    Last edited by .SH; 11-02-2010 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Quoting .SH View Post
    i don't understand what you want from the company.
    you want them to send you checks that will bounce?!
    they are bankrupt. i wouldn't say they are getting away with anything. they lost the company.
    you are in a better position then most of their creditors. you, at least, have a guarenty fund that will eventually step in and make good.
    don't look at what you lost; look at what you didn't lose.

maybe so but the company that filed for bakruptcy, just did it to fool everyone

theres actually 2 companies in one, they dissolved the one with all the problems and are still open for business..they just changed their name and bank accounts

dont know how they did it but they did

and thanks for your friendly insight

Any self insured employer must provide a bond to guarantee any outstanding claims, or claims in progress.
    You'll get your benefits paid, but it's likely to take some time.
    Let your atty handle this... between the two of you, it would be up to him if he wants to advance you any money.

Take it easy there ... babe. This IW didn't ask for your BS.