Default Injured in Car Accident Work Related

Hi I need help. I was in a car accident last year doing something for my job. My cervical nerve was badly damaged and the ligments were torned and brused. My attorney had me go to a couple doctors and they told him in my report that I was 35% disabled because I will never be able to turn my neck all the way. I also have been having these bad headaches and I have a knoton my left side where the headaches come from. They hurt so bad that when they come I have to just lay down and pray. The knot has went down but its still there. I have had a depection trial but havenet heard anything back from them. They cut off my medical care so me and my attorney have been paying the bill. I am not sure what to do now. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Injured in Car Accident Work Related

It depends on what you want and what the issues are but keep that atty as long as you can.
    you are getting medical treatment, have litigated your claim and presented your case and have a great atty.
    I'm not sure what information you are looking for?

you should be working or looking for work. without more information, i'm not sure what more you can do.
    Last edited by .SH; 11-02-2010 at 10:40 AM.

Default Re: Injured in Car Accident Work Related

I have had a depection trial...
    There are two seperate cases here... the MVA/motor vehicle accident, which the depiction trial was for, and the WC claim.
    Those may settle at the same time, or the MVA/3rd party can settle, leaving the comp claim open...
    They cut off my medical care so me and my attorney have been paying the bill. I am not sure what to do now. Any suggestions?
    Gotta go with .SH on this one... suggestins on doing what ?

Who and why were your medical treatment stopped...?
    Is this in the MVA case, or the WC case...?
    Your info is somewhat sketchy here.
    My attorney had me go to a couple doctors and they told him in my report that I was 35% disabled because I will never be able to turn my neck all the way.
    What is the status of the comp claim ? Are you still TTD, MMI, has the WC Dr rated for PPD ?

Being rated 35% PD is not going to pay you wage loss indefinately. You should be finding out from your Dr what restrictions you may have to your work activities, and find out if your ER can make accommodation to bring you back to work. Or, find a new job that fits the restrictions.

The best suggestion would be to listen and rely upon your attorney. That's why you have one. MVA and work injury overlaps can be complex.