Default Payment Issues

I was injured on the job 3 1/2 years ago. I have been receiving TPD since then. I returned to work on a limited basis in November of 2009 and on WC company continued to pay the difference since returning to work. I only actually get a check from them every three months as it seems to take them that long to get it done. My issue now is, On July 1 I was laid off for 8 weeks. I returned to work and have been working as much as I can. My workers compensation company seems to feel that they do not have to pay for the 8 weeks that I was laid off. Does anyone know anything about this?? My attorney is very dismissive and seems to think I don't need the money and I have had no luck getting in touch with him about this. I have gone through all of the evaluations and have a 23% impairment rating. I am at a medical end and we are just trying to get this settled.

Default Re: Payment Issues

You are posting in the Vermont board... but you appear to be in Tennessee...?
    My workers compensation company seems to feel that they do not have to pay for the 8 weeks that I was laid off.
    They don't.
    The ER/IC is not liabable for wage loss due to layoff or termination.
    You were being paid differential...the amount between your current wage, and pre injury wage. Where there is no wage, there is no TPD due.
    I have gone through all of the evaluations and have a 23% impairment rating. I am at a medical end and we are just trying to get this settled.
    If the indemnity has been paid out on the 23% rating, there is nothing left to settle but the possible future medical care benefit.

You are entitled to wage loss, medical care and indemnity in a WC claim.
    While there may be some cash payment for future medical care in a offer for your consideration to drop the claim, there is no entitlement to money for medical care.
    If you were unable to work due to the injury, then TTD may be due again.

Default Re: Payment Issues

you must be confusing temporary disability with unemployment. comp doesn't pay for lay offs.

if you are permanently disabled then you are not entitled to temporary disability.