Default EMG for Neuropathy

Hi-I had an emg on my legs for neuropathy (I fractured both ankles in a fall, one was a compound fx, resulting in plates and screws). Question one, has anyone had an emg for a similar problem and if so how long did it take? (I feel that the doctor did a very quick job-unsure how complete)
    Question 2: I just was approved for disability. Who is to inform my job??? Workmans comp has stopped paying me-my attorney is fighting for retro and my job continues to pay my insurance. I feel that my job needs to know that I am disabled now, but of course then I will have to pay my health insurance...

Default Re: Emg

Your SSDI/disability question has been asked, and answered here.
    A award of SSDI is not necessarily cause for your ER to stop providing the GHP coverage. If you are continuing to participate in the ER's GHP program..beyond the 12 weeks protections under FMLA....that's up to them. Apparently, your ER is self insured for GHP and WC... a traditional carrier providing the GHP would generally exclude EE"s working less than 32 hours/week...a full time definition.
    Workmans comp has stopped paying me-my attorney is fighting for retro
    Any award/order by judge, and payment of back due benefits, must be reported to SSA, and your SSDI may be affeced, you cannot be paid more than 80% of your pre injury income between the SSDI and WC combined.

The EMG takes various amounts of time, based on the treating/referring Dr's request for what extent the tech is to go in the exam. No two patients would likely be the same. Could be the tech found what s/he was looking for, with positive response right away...no need to go forward. If results are not immediate, naturally they would be more through in the exam. EMG is a nerve condution test... sometimes the results are immediate.
    I feel that my job needs to know that I am disabled now,
    You have been "disabled" since your Dr removed you from your job duties due to this injury.
    Being awarded SSDI doesn't matter to your ER, unless they are permitted to take any offset in the comp benefits. Some states permit the ER/IC to take the offsets vs SSA. Not many though.

SSDI, your ER/GHP are not related. If you want to tell them... do it. If you are released to RTW at some point by your WC Dr, SSDI makes provisions for that. The GHP does not cover the work injury, nor will Medicare when you become eligible.
    When you do become Medicare eligibile though, the GHP will be in first position, and they won't like it. Your coverage will change or stop.

BvIA-Thanks for your concise information. This site has provided me with a lot of valuable knowledge.

You're welcome... I know it's not what IW"s always want to hear... and there's no sense in sugar coating things...WC is what it is. We can't change that...so we need to know what the rules are...and how to navigate the system, just like the "defense" does.

Good luck...