Default Calling CA Without My Lawyer

hi,
    Is it ok to call my ca without going through my lawyer? reasons for this is because,
    1. i've signed my c&r the third of last month, and according to my lawyers office, they have receive their check. i've been calling my lawyer for the past week and half(even more), send them a notarized letter that i didn't receive my check and on monday 11th, the assistant says that they've got hold of the ca and i should be getting a new check by friday. well today is saturday i haven't got anything in the mail.
    2. As of yesterday i'm out of medication and i need to know where my check is.

maybe they are taking me on a wild goose chase since i've been calling them almost every day and they've got their check and just don't give a damn anymore.

thanks

Default Re: Calling C/a Without My Lawyer

You can call the CA... whether or not there will be discussion, can't tell.
    There is no reason for your check to be with held...
    the assistant says that they've got hold of the ca and i should be getting a new check by friday. well today is saturday i haven't got anything in the mail.
    There is no reason for your atty office to lie to you, nor the CA to lie to your atty office. There is nothing to be done once the USPS has the check. IF there is unreasonable delay...IE, the CA has not issued the check..there would be a penalty due...10% plus interest.

There is no reason for your atty office to lie to you, nor the CA to lie to your atty office. There is nothing to be done once the USPS has the check. IF there is unreasonable delay...IE, the CA has not issued the check..there would be a penalty due...10% plus interest.
    true...
    I was thinking that because i've been calling them like once or twice in the day for about two weeks, they just felt like "getting on my nerves, how about a wild goose chase".
    Guess i'll wait till monday if i don't get the check then i'll call the ca myself and have them on a three way.
    Does the mail come on a registered mail or standard mail?

Regular mail I'd think...just like your biweekly TTD benefits were paid.
    I was thinking that because i've been calling them like once or twice in the day for about two weeks, they just felt like "getting on my nerves, how about a wild goose chase".
    Probably not a good idea to ''harrass'' your attys office like that....you'd have to think they are aware of your anticipation, and notify you as soon as possible. You have to assume your atty doesn't have any more info than you do.
    Its suprising though the atty would have the fee/check, and not the IW. Could be a problem with the post office..don't know.

Its suprising though the atty would have the fee/check, and not the IW. Could be a problem with the post office..don't know.
    that's why i'm kinda freaked out. I do get my other mails like my phone bill and bank statments, so post office should be ok. i never had a problem with my bi-weekly ttd's, they all came on time, that's why i'm kinda concern.
    Its suprising though the atty would have the fee/check, and not the IW.
    that's what the assistant told me. i actually thought that they have the whole check with them and after taking their fee, the rest will be mailed to me, but i guess no.