Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default End of Healing is Here and Gone

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: wisconsin well im done healing and out in the cold i now have a job that cant put me to work and the comp paycheck is gone what is the next step to get help getting a job?

Default Re: End of Healing is Here and Gone

depending on the status of you UI account ,unemployment benefits are available to those able to work but lost their job.

...what is the next step to get help getting a job?
    Want ads in the paper, register with the UI dept, go to a personel agency... temp to hire may be a start.
    If your Dr said you cannot return to your pre job function..you may be eligible for vocational rehab services. That would have been addressed at the time you were declared MMI.

Just in shock the doc puts permanent restrictions on me my employer cannot or will not put to work and left with a ankle that is far from fixed everyone says lawer but really what is that going to do

everyone says lawer but really what is that going to do
    A consultation costs nothing... at the very least, you would know the merits of your claim, what benefits you may be eligible for... and a advocate in the event your claim goes to court... are you capable of representing yourself against a savvy Defense Atty?

I keep seeing that a ime was done when is that i never had or do i think i will be given one is my understanding i dont get it

Quote Quoting countryboy066 View Post
    I keep seeing that a ime was done when is that i never had or do i think i will be given one is my understanding i dont get it
    Listen to what BvIA is telling you ..Time to get a lawyer.

CountryBoy, most certainly time to lawyer up my friend. You are in an arena that is simply too complicated to go it alone. An attorney can/will/should/would/may be able to help you increase the value of any PPD benefits you are eligible for. Also an AA can/will/should/would/may be able to make darn good and sure your settlement documents are properly worded in the event you are NOT able to return to work and have to apply for and/or rely on SSDI benefits and/or a Medicare Set-Aside for future medical. You are at the closing of your claim phase and you need legal representation before you park it at the table.
    "He who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client"
    Abraham Lincoln

Take Care and Be Well.

havent found a lawyer yet they cant do much without paper work which i havent gotten yet but now unemployment says my old employer is fighting payments unemployment wants me to furnish check stubs from employer but i dont have any from my employer havent gotten paid by them in almost 2 years i will have to send work comp payment imformation i guess ?

disability payments will not help with unemployment eligibility.
    http://dwd.wisconsin.gov/uiben/