Default Workers Comp Settlement

so it's been 23 days since my case was closed. and i still haven't gotten my check and school starts next Wednesday i need it so badly for that. I was wondering if it would be ok to call the claims adjuster and be as polite as any one could be. and tell her why i need it and if she has time if she could please do it.

also off topic. I called her a week ago to make sure they had my current correct address she sounded real nice. well anyways she didn't, she had my old address. After i literally told my lawyers office 5 times if they changed it. they even gave me an attitude. well my claims adjuster said she never got nothing of that. but good thing she didn't send the check to my old address i would of had to smack them silly haha jk ... i would of just died of depression ...

Default Re: Workers Comp Settlement

LOL on getting them to speed up sending your check, I would not hold my breath on that, in fact if my weekly check falls with in two days of the 1st (rent) I know it will not come, happens every time. I would go ahead and in row in school most will allow you to pay a few weeks late, and some with no penalty for 1 week, then there is usually a percentage late charge. Talk to your finacial aid department, they can probably help you out if you have your settlement papers. Just be glad you are done with WC.

yeah but this isn't my weekly checks or what ever you want to call it. my case is closed the judge stamped it almost 30 days ago. and if they don't send it in 30 days each day late is like 3thousand dollars extra

so it's been 23 days since my case was closed.
    As long as the check is date stamped/USPS by the 30th day...there is no penalty due.
    Once the CA approves the settlement, it goes to a higher up... then to the dept that issues checks...that takes most if not all of the 30 days... add 5 additional days for mailing.
    The CA can tell you if the check has been issued...

i'm going to call tomorrow. there is no other way to pay for my books and i need glasses. you make it sound easier said than done. i was on workers comp for 2 years because of surgeries / physical therapy. it's next to impossible to get a job with my background i have to lie on applications or get to know a manager.

I'm going to be as polite as any one could ever be and basically beg her to mail it out of me. My lawyer said they usually send them out in 10 days or less. These guys just want to make me suffer.

These guys just want to make me suffer.
    You're taking this personal...and it's not. WC is a business just like any other... some bigger than others. It simply takes time for the internal process of the carrier to work it's way through...the CA does not send the check.

I'm sorry for your situation...you're just going to have to let this play out.

you can ask to pick up the check at their office or pay for courier or overnight
    delivery.

thanks i'm going to tell her that tomorrow. Also I heard the 30 days don't count when the judge approves it, it counts when she receives it. she said she was in vacations and just came back last week. my case was close on August 4th. can this lady just say she got it last week and just wait to the 29th day to send it?

This is personal!!!!

more than anything i just need this money for school or else i wouldn't be in such a hurry to get it! i'm going to tell the claims adjuster that tomorrow morning. i hope she doesn't said it even more late just to spite me because i called her. i'm going to beg!

would it be ok if i called me claims adjuster? and told her my situation? .... i think this lady is so evil that she would rather pay me interest if i told her i needed it for school by next week.