Default How Will I Know if I Qualifing for Partically Disabled

I don't think I can safely return to my job that I had when I was injuried because there is a elevated risk of re-injury. It can require me to physically have to defend my self because I work with individuals who have different types of mental illness. The injury I substained runs a high risk of re-occuring. How will I know if I qualify for partical or permanently disability settlements.
    It is likely I will have to go back to school for a career change. Who pays for that since I won't be 100% to do my old job. Should I be searching for a lawyer to protect my interest. Or are partical disability settlements given to all injuried workers after a injury. I am really not sure how all this works ?

Default Re: How Will I Know if I Qualifing for Partically Disabled

Your Dr will determine when your condition is stable, you have reached MMI/Max Med Improvement. At that time you'll be rated for PPD/Permenant Partial Disability. A % will be determined, based on ID rating practice... and a number of weeks indemnity paid.
    There is no guarantee of a cash payment to close a claim... but it's usually offered.

Your thought process regarding your return to work, or the potential of reinjury has nothing to do with the medical issues... basically, if you feel your job duties are such that you fear reinjury...you should discuss this with your ER HR dept and transfer or quit.
    Unless your Dr, with medical reasoning, says you cannot return to your pre injury job, you would not be eligible for any VR services.
    Or are partical disability settlements given to all injuried workers after a injury.
    No... if you treat your injury, fully recover and return to work without restrictions... there would be no PPD, so no additional benefits would be due. There is no money in WC for paid and suffering.

You can consult with an attonrey, and should if you are unsure of the merits in your claim. There is generally no fee for this.

have an impairment rating done by a physician.
    Idaho ratings are done according to the AMA 5th edition guidelines.
    a doctor determines if there is any permanent impairment.

if your rating qualifies you for rehabilitation services it will be provided by workers comp
    more here
    http://www.iic.idaho.gov/worker/worker.html#benefits

What my injury is dislocated shoulder fractured my socket and my ball joint in my shoulder in the fall at work. I was told that I have a high risk of re-dislocating my shoulder again and true to their word after 2 weeks I dislocated my shoulder again in my sleep. I am in the mental health field working with young adults with mental health issues. Some times you have to restrain a resident to keep them from hurting themselves and sometimes they have meltdowns and try to do staff harm. That is my main concern with worrying about returning to my job. But I have at least another month or so before the doctor will consider me stable enough to even go back to light duty.