OK, a little bit of history . . .
I was injured September of last year when a drill bound up on me and spun my wrist. I have seen 4 surgeons trying to get a surgery done to alleviate some of my pain. The first said my hand was devastated, too complex of a surgery for him to do and referred me to OHSU. Dr. Orfally at OHSU labelled me as possibly having RSD ( this is after spending 15 minutes in the room with me and about 10 minutes looking at my MRI) he said the MRI was over read and that my injury was not the cause of my pain but RSD was causing it. At this time I was still on light duty at work, but shortly after was laid off due to lack of light duty work for me to do. I then went for another opinion at OHSU and he agreed with Dr. Orfally and the RSD diagnosis. I researched RSD and did not believe that is what I had and demanded some real testing be done instead of "guessing" I had a bone scan done that cleared me of the RSD diagnosis and then went for my 4th surgeon's visit who said that the first MRI was not an over read, but was accurate and I have a TFCC tear and several torn ligaments in my hand but he advised against surgery because it may make my pain worse due to over sensitive nerves. I told all of this to my case worker, who has been wonderful and acting as if she was on my side this whole time, and she said she would then proceed to rate me and close my claim. I then tried to contact her for over a week, even calling a supervisor and no one will call me back now. I have a ton of questions that need answered! I hired a lawyer yesterday because the stress of this is taking it's toll on me and I need someone on my side. I have been waiting to move to Washington because I thought I would be getting a surgery, but now that I'm not, can I move and still proceed or should I wait until this whole thing is settled? I also am trying to get more physical therapy to get my resting pain lowered. I am in incredible pain every day, my right hand is basically useless because I cannot lift anything nor rotate my wrist, my Dr. doesn't believe in prescribing pain meds, I am just having a hard time believing that I am supposed to live the rest of my life like this, it feels like I'm in the twilight zone! Anyone out there have some words of advice? I just don't even know where my life is going at this point? Am I doing all I can at the moment? Can I move so that I can be closer to my family in Washington? Thank you in advance for any words you have to offer.