Default Had to Share

It has been 19+ yrs that I have been part of this system with dealing with pain and depression since i was 27 yrs old denials med reviews ime's lying about my condition,losing my family my home had no idea how was gonna pay the utilitie bills begging borrowing and scraping just to survive,but today i got my letter from the ic and just knowing they would deny me again I just got up the nerve to open it and it read You have been GRANTED PTD. Thank you god there really is a light at the end of the tunnell.

although i will always be in pain and always will have depression and at some point and time will need back surgery and i have to have at least 2 more surgery on my legs I know I will have a roof over my head for now on.

I wish each and everyone of you gl with your claims and wish none of you have to endure the long yrs of pain and suffering as I have had to endure from this system.

I just had to share with each of you and thank everyone over the past few yrs with all the help to my questions and for letting me know I was not the only one that bwc screwed up my life forever.GL God Bless each of you.

Default Re: Had to Share

Grumpy, I am so happy for you! I hope you will keep coming here and helping those of us who are just beginning to walk the long path of this system.

WOW, and so many of us arnt suprised...but great to hear words of truth from someone who has walked through it all.....Some day I hope I can share just parts of this crazy circus called workmans comp...5 years and counting for me!

I will be back to try to answer questions that i know how to answer and check in from time to time.

Wonderful news!
    Keep in touch!
    Knowledge is a beneficial tool for the injured worker!

I am so happy for you. IC has told my lawyer they want to settle my case. I still feel like it will be forever, but it is nice to know you are in a good place. This whole system and pain sucks but it does make us stronger and enjoy the small victories better. God Bless!

Quote Quoting ladyvol View Post
    I am so happy for you. IC has told my lawyer they want to settle my case. I still feel like it will be forever, but it is nice to know you are in a good place. This whole system and pain sucks but it does make us stronger and enjoy the small victories better. God Bless!
    Just a word to the wise, and you know your situation far better than I but, the IC will attempt to low ball you with an offer and some sort of skimpy medical coverage especially if it is their first offer. Ask your attorney that your willing to settle but not for that much! Get creative too. Say if the IC offers $100,000, and no medical, you'll know up front that a possible MSA (medical set aside) will be part of the settlement, along with attorney fees, say about $25,000. Lets say there isn't a MSA involved, tell the IC that you will settle for $75,000 without medical,the IC will pay 3/4 of the attorney fees and the IC pays for five years of prescriptions, then 1/2 the cost of prescriptions, at WC prices for the next fifteen years. Lets say your cost of the attorney's fee is $3,500. Now the cash you would receive would be $71,500 but the possible prescription costs (always on the rise) was $5,000 per year times five equals $25,000 more for you as less out of your pocket fees, bringing your settlement up to $96,500. The next fifteen years of scripts you save on average , $7500 per year equals to $112,500 plus $96,500 equals $209,000 total for your settlement!!
    Just like a IW does, the IC looks at the NOW $$ paying $71,500 where in reality its almost three times more!
    Knowledge is a beneficial tool for the injured worker!