Default MMI and Not Able to Return to Work

Ok, I was scheduled for an AME who says no surgery in recommended for the injury I have, however; I cannot return to my pre-injury job. I have a herniated disc at the L4, degenerative disc at the L5 and chronic pinch nerve at the L5-S1. I aslo have a cervical injury with ridicular pain.

I have had three courses of pt, esi's to the neck and back, however; I am still in constant pain.

Now my doctor has put me at MMI after treating for approximately 15 months. He is also saying that I am left with permanent chronic pain.

My question is, will my ttd payments stop, although I cannot return to my previous poisition?
    Because I am left with permanent chronic pain, does this mean my status will change from ttd, to ppd or ptd?
    Will I be offered any vocational rehibilitation?

I am so scared that I may be terminated because I am now unable to perform my prior duties and responsibilities, can somebody help me with some answers...

Default Re: MMI and Not Able to Return to Work

Read this:

http://does.dc.gov/does/frames.asp?d...ees_Rights.pdf

If you have an attorney, you may get more direct answers from him/her.

Thank you!

My question is, will my ttd payments stop, although I cannot return to my previous poisition?
    Because I am left with permanent chronic pain, does this mean my status will change from ttd, to ppd or ptd?
    Will I be offered any vocational rehibilitation?

I am so scared that I may be terminated because I am now unable to perform my prior duties and responsibilities
    Basically... yes to all your questions.
    When there is no more treatment recommended, and your PTP declares you MMI, you'd be rated for PD, and TTD stops, PPD indemnity begins... actually all it is is a change in specie of benefits.
    That does not mean you are no longer to be treated...

As you have been diagnosed as a Chronic Pain patient...you should be referred to a pain management facility.
    Because the AME said no -surgery is recommened now, doeesn't mean you won't need some type of procedure in the future.

There has been little success on this board finding much info on WC in Washington DC.. don't know why, the the link proved is very limited. pay particular attention to any time sensitive issues described in the info at the link,

If you are unsure of what to do at this point, you should consult with a few WC attys.

I have been to a pain management facility and I have received cervical and lumbar epidural injections that's done absolutely nothing for me, however; these injections has caused me to have a healthy appepitef and of course weight gain (lol), don't know what else is gonna work for me.

Thank you for the information.

One more question, does wc send me to be rated for PD?
    Also, how different is PPD from TTD?

Quote Quoting KKP View Post
    how different is PPD from TTD?
    TTD (Temporary Total Disability) is a benefit paid to you while you are still injured and receiving medical care and have loss of wages.

PPD (Permanent Partial Disability) is a benefit paid based upon the permanency of your disability, but only after MMI (maximum medical improvement). MMI means that you're as good as you're going to get, and that there is nothing else that can be done to return you to pre-injury status.

My doctor has already assured me that I cannot return to my pre-injury job. What is the time frame from the time my doctor put me at MMI should my TTD change over PPD? My doctor did not give me a rating in his last dictation, nor did he list any restrictions. He only states that he will continue to treat me with medication to help with the chronic pain. My disability slips only says I am unable to return to work and list the date of my next appointment. Will my doctor be the one who gives me a rating or does WC send me to someone to be evaluated for my rating?

Quote Quoting KKP View Post
    My doctor has already assured me that I cannot return to my pre-injury job. What is the time frame from the time my doctor put me at MMI should my TTD change over PPD? My doctor did not give me a rating in his last dictation, nor did he list any restrictions. He only states that he will continue to treat me with medication to help with the chronic pain. My disability slips only says I am unable to return to work and list the date of my next appointment. Will my doctor be the one who gives me a rating or does WC send me to someone to be evaluated for my rating?
    I wish I could answer these questions for you. The WC system in D.C. is critically complex and very difficult to navigate.

You should probably discuss this with a D.C. WC attorney.

I have reached MMI, I also have restrictions and I did attempt to go back to work in the past, however; I was still unable to do my job. I have been placed back on TTD. Since then, I have been seen by an AME doctor who also feels I am able to do limited duty work at my job. So, I finally get a copy of my AME report that says I can do limited duty. Am I supposed to try the limited duty once again, or is it safe to say that because I've already attempted limited duty in the past and could not do it, I'll remain on TTD, or will my ER be allowed to find me limited duty work in another area of my job to do?

I finally get a copy of my AME report that says I can do limited duty. Am I supposed to try the limited duty once again, or is it safe to say that because I've already attempted limited duty in the past and could not do it, I'll remain on TTD, or will my ER be allowed to find me limited duty work in another area of my job to do?
    They will take the most recent report that says you are able to return to work. Being able to RTW doesn't mean you are necessarily MMI, but to attempt light duty if the ER can provide that accomodation...yes, they can offer another type of job. If you can't do the basic job function, you go back to Dr and get your status changed back to TTD.

You have two threads going...with just a little bit different info/questions... be best to stay in one thread.