Thread: Would You

Angry Would You

have gone to work the day you were injured; if you knew what would have happened to you?
    Everyone who hasn't been injured thinks its a paid vacation to be off injured. First off the pay dosn't compare to what you were making, and its not a vacation, please! What vacation includes being in chronic pain and not being able to do what you want, without a doctor's written restriction, and don't forget, a stalking PI looking over your shoulder, no mater where you went. Some vacation, I'd trade my injury with anyone at work, and YES I would not have gone to work that day, even if caused me a days pay or suspension, it would have been better than being hurt and this incompetent system called workers competition!!
    Knowledge is a beneficial tool for the injured worker!

Default Re: Would You

I am with you, I was told by a co-worker ( I have been out 2 years), when I answered the question, what do I do with my time-"nothing", then he said "must be nice to be you". I looked at him and said " Oh, yes it has been, there were days i barely made it to the bathroom so I wouldn't sh@t the bed, then I sat there for 20 minutes wondering how I was going to get up and get back to bed, That was a fun day. Then the next day I spent 1 hour getting dressed to take myself to the doctor, thank God they have wheel chair service, and they wheeled me to the doctor's office and parked by car, yeah when I got home I took some pain pills and slept for a day and a half. Delivery people know me by name, since I cannot answer the door they just come in. I order 3 days of meals to avoid tipping three times, they actually ask what I want tonight and then put the rest in the refrigerator for me, and bring me a glass of water. Sometimes after the pain pills wear off I remember what day it is. I do get the best parking spaces now that I have gotten somewhat better. I cry when I see people walking outside for fun, or because their dog wants to, must be nice. Sometimes I remember what I did last season. No one calls anymore, and I seldom go out because I don't know if my next check will show up or not. I have sold off all my nice things, lost all my friends, and pretty much have no life. Doctor has told me no bending, twisting, or lifting for the rest of my life, I am single, and I am quite the catch. But, you are right it must be nice to do nothing, except I am still alive, a person, and inside my injured body, I need physical and emotional support, you know what I can do it all by myself. It might take me longer, but I can pat myself on the back too. No one knows what hell I have been through, and I will not give up, tomorrow is a new day, and I am very glad to face it, embrace it and squeeze every bit of sour pulp out of it, because I am a survivor, and I deserve a break. Next time you are in a lot of pain, ask yourself if it is fun, because I have been in more than that for 2 years, and yes it is nice to be me, because I am one tough indidvidual, and nothing will stop me, but no, being hurt and not able to work is not fun, ...if that is what you meant."

Quote Quoting ladyvol View Post
    I am with you, I was told by a co-worker ( I have been out 2 years), when I answered the question, what do I do with my time-"nothing", then he said "must be nice to be you". I looked at him and said " Oh, yes it has been, there were days i barely made it to the bathroom so I wouldn't sh@t the bed, then I sat there for 20 minutes wondering how I was going to get up and get back to bed, That was a fun day. Then the next day I spent 1 hour getting dressed to take myself to the doctor, thank God they have wheel chair service, and they wheeled me to the doctor's office and parked by car, yeah when I got home I took some pain pills and slept for a day and a half. Delivery people know me by name, since I cannot answer the door they just come in. I order 3 days of meals to avoid tipping three times, they actually ask what I want tonight and then put the rest in the refrigerator for me, and bring me a glass of water. Sometimes after the pain pills wear off I remember what day it is. I do get the best parking spaces now that I have gotten somewhat better. I cry when I see people walking outside for fun, or because their dog wants to, must be nice. Sometimes I remember what I did last season. No one calls anymore, and I seldom go out because I don't know if my next check will show up or not. I have sold off all my nice things, lost all my friends, and pretty much have no life. Doctor has told me no bending, twisting, or lifting for the rest of my life, I am single, and I am quite the catch. But, you are right it must be nice to do nothing, except I am still alive, a person, and inside my injured body, I need physical and emotional support, you know what I can do it all by myself. It might take me longer, but I can pat myself on the back too. No one knows what hell I have been through, and I will not give up, tomorrow is a new day, and I am very glad to face it, embrace it and squeeze every bit of sour pulp out of it, because I am a survivor, and I deserve a break. Next time you are in a lot of pain, ask yourself if it is fun, because I have been in more than that for 2 years, and yes it is nice to be me, because I am one tough indidvidual, and nothing will stop me, but no, being hurt and not able to work is not fun, ...if that is what you meant."
    Same situation as you except for a few differences:
    Been out injured for 13 years.
    I have a wonderful wife who cares for me daily! She is young, vibrant and beautiful and I often why she does what she does for me. I've told her that if she wants or needs to move on to a normal relationship/life that I would understand. She tells me "I stood in church in front of God, family and friends" declaring my love for you, promised to love you in "sickness and health, to death do we part" and since your just hurt and not close to dying for years, I'm here for you as I know you (me) would be here for me (her)!
    I knew that she was the one the first day I saw her!!!

My wife says she'll stick around because with me bringing in less money on WC than when I was working, she can't afford the luggage.

Quote Quoting Q-man View Post
    Same situation as you except for a few differences:
    Been out injured for 13 years.
    I have a wonderful wife who cares for me daily! She is young, vibrant and beautiful and I often why she does what she does for me. I've told her that if she wants or needs to move on to a normal relationship/life that I would understand. She tells me "I stood in church in front of God, family and friends" declaring my love for you, promised to love you in "sickness and health, to death do we part" and since your just hurt and not close to dying for years, I'm here for you as I know you (me) would be here for me (her)!
    I knew that she was the one the first day I saw her!!!
    GOD do I ENVY you!!!! Im glad for you, wish to everyone here the same or better....You my friend are blessed!!!!!!

Quote Quoting airdale View Post
    GOD do I ENVY you!!!! Im glad for you, wish to everyone here the same or better....You my friend are blessed!!!!!!
    Every day I thank the Lord!!!

I thank the Lord that my injury did not leave me in a wheelchair or worse. I am able to do much more than you and am looking forward to returning to work. You are very strong and I will pray for you. I am married, but it's pretty much like being alone. I do everything for myself and my young daughter helps to wash, dry and dress me. What a wonderful life. I too had someone tell me to enjoy my vacation. Vacation HECK!!!!! I am in pain and recently learned due do severe symptoms that I am allergic to all narcotics and anything else containing codeine. So,,,,,, I do this painfully every day. The doctor has released me for light duty, yet, I still can't tuck my shirt in (much less put it on without help) or put up my hair to meet the job compliance policy. I am thankful that our policy is only 30 days of light duty. This means that I still am employed, but not required to be at work. WC doesn't care if you can get into compliance, they just care if you can do light duty work. The Lord looks after me and I know that He will provide anything that is reasonable but that I still need to be assertive in certain instances. I pray that all on this forum get the necessary treatment and courtesy they are deserving of.