Default Attempting Limited Duty a Second Time

I have been on TTD since my injury one in a half year ago. I have reached MMI, and I do have restrictions. I did attempt to go back to work in the past, where my restictions were no prolonged sitting, standing, no stairs, bending, reaching, and pulling, however; I was unable to do my job and was placed back on TTD. Since then, I have been seen by an AME doctor who also feels I am able to do limited duty work at my job. So, I finally get a copy of my AME report that says I can do limited duty with a different set of restrictions. My new restrictions are, no repetitive bending at the waist, avoid any altercations physically, and no lifting more than 20lbs. Am I supposed to try the limited duty once again, or is it safe to say that because I've already attempted limited duty in the past and could not do it, I'll remain on TTD, or will my ER be allowed to find me limited duty work in another area of my job to do?

Default Re: Attempting Limited Duty a Second Time

You attempt the light duty, within the NEW restrictions, if your ER can provide the accommodation.
    That you attempted before, has nothing to do with your ability now.
    or is it safe to say that because I've already attempted limited duty in the past and could not do it, I'll remain on TTD,
    No...you won't be paid additional TTD unless you cannot perform the light duty job, or your ER can't provide the light duty accommodation.
    or will my ER be allowed to find me limited duty work in another area of my job to do?
    Sure... the goal is your return to gainful employment.

So the restriction that ptp has me on doesn't matter anymore, or does the AME doctor overrides my ptp doctor?

Your PTP prior restrictions are not current... apparently the AME thinks you have improved to the point of new restrictions...yes..AME trumps a PTP... but that is Calif comp...
    I don't know what goes in DC to tell ya the truth... I did not know DC uses "AME".

Yes we use AME and IME in DC, and I have seem both! Fortunately, they both ruled in my favor, therefore; I am feeling pretty good about the progression of my case thus far. I am kind of tired of the waiting game as far as being approved for vocational rehab or either an FCE to see what kinds of job I am qualified to do with restrictions. I am too young (39), to not be working. It is very difficult to raise a family of three on the limited funds I receive bi-weekly, and my limitations. I just want everything to go back to normal if possible...

I just want everything to go back to normal if possible...
    Every IW would like that ... you need to get accustomed to the fact, it's not likely. Just try to move on from this... and not let the injury, or claim be the single most important issue in your life, there are too many other things to deal with, and be happy for.

I agree, it's just been such a rough ride for the past 16 months, physically, mentally, and emotionally! From time to time, I just need to hear words of encouragement and I thank you for that; reminding me that there are too many other things to deal with and be happy for. The accident I had could have beena tragedy, but GOD spared my life and I am still here!