Default Medical Marijuana for Pain

i am from the state of N.Y. and marijuana is illegal even for the use of pain. I was wondering does anyone receive medical marijuana for there pain in the state of california.

Default Re: Medical Marijuana for Pain

It's not impossible... but your PTP is going to have to support the use...and get through the UR process.
    Could take an IME...in NY.
    You are not subject to Calif WC laws... but NY does have new medical utilization treatment guides.

BvIA
    I have my medical marijuana card because of my back pain from my WC injury. I have informed my PTP that I medicate with marijuana and the benefits from it. Can I have the IC cover my prescriptions?

I have informed my PTP that I medicate with marijuana and the benefits from it. Can I have the IC cover my prescriptions?
    Where are you getting RX for the medical marijuana?
    If your PTP submits a proper PR-2, "REQUEST FOR TREATMENT", to the CA, and goes through the UR process with "approved"... they will pay.
    If it's denied, you dispute thorugh the 4062 dispute resolution process...go to AME/PQME and see what happens.
    Like I said, it can be paid for by the ER/IC, if your PTP does the work.
    Just because you have the medical marijuana card, does not mean they will be responsible. Or that your PTP will go along with this.
    I don't know that it's in the MTUS, or ACOEM treatment guides...your PTP will have to provide the EBM/Evidence Based Medical protocol to support the use. If there are other options... IMHO, I wouldn't look for approval.