Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009

    Default What if I Can't Continue in My Present Job

    I am a pet groomer and my Dr. has already mentioned that I may not be able to continue with this. What happens then? Do I get a $$ settlement? Will they pay for me to go for training in another job? Is this one of those things you just have to have a lawyer for? I really have no idea where to start trying to find answers....

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Default Re: What if I Can't Continue in My Present Job

    Info on AZ WC is here
    Yes, it would be a good idea to consult with a few attorneys...

    There is no guarantee of a cash settlement... WC is about paying those weekly benefits. Once you complete the recommended treatment plan, your Dr will declare you MMI/Max Med Improvement has been reached... you'll be rated for PD, and those benefits will begin... generally a predetermined number of weeks for each % of your rating.23-1044 Compensation for partial disability; computation

    If you cannot return to pre injury job, you may be eligible for VR services... don't look to be provided a 4 year scholarship however... VR generally provides enough training for entry level positions.

    As you can see by the info at the link provided...WC is a specialized part of the law... claims often require litigation in WC court.
    Best to talk to an attorney sooner than later.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-02-2011, 08:51 AM
  2. Insurance Rep Insists on Being Present During Appointment
    By mtnmedic in forum Insurance Company Practices
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 02:53 PM
  3. How To Present A Case At The Hearing
    By thesmel in forum Arizona
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-14-2007, 05:22 PM
  4. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-15-2006, 06:07 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-19-2004, 11:24 PM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Find a Lawyer