Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Hurt During a Medical Test

    I was hurt during a test ordered by my PTP. I needed medication for this and Wk Comp IC didn't pay for it. I had to miss two afternoons of work last week (for emergency dr. appts). I have lost full use of this body part during the last week, and it continues. Do I have a new claim? Do I just use my own insurance? I do not want to follow up with the doctor that hurt me. Where do I go from here?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Default Re: Malpractice- New Claim

    You can change PTP at any time... select a new Dr in the MPN.
    You said you were injured during a test the PTP ordered though, not by the should discuss the issue/injury with your PTP, s/he would document and request treatment/meds etc through the UR, you shouldn't be paying out of pocket, or using your own insurance for treatment to a work related injury, or compensable consequence due to the test/injury.

    Not malpractice though. These things happen sometimes.

Similar Threads

  1. Settled with Medical,back Hurt but on New Job
    By nothappyinky in forum Medical Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-07-2009, 09:58 AM
  2. F.C.E. Test
    By Mckoy in forum Georgia
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-18-2009, 02:27 PM
  3. Please Help With Independent Medical Test
    By jmeez in forum New York
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-07-2008, 07:26 PM
  4. Now IC is saying no to test.
    By queenbee in forum Maryland
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 05:06 PM
  5. What Is An FCE Test?
    By stevedell in forum Medical Issues
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-07-2005, 04:13 PM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Find a Lawyer