Default Received Worman's Comp, then Insurance Company Approved My Ltd Claim

Received workman's comp, then insurance company approved my LTD claim. So all of a sudden I was off workman's comp and receiving payments from the LTD carrier. During this two year period, the LTD carrier "forced me to file for SS disability. While that has been denied, I am coming up for a hearing in a 2-3 month period for SS Disability. Once the LTD Carrier decided to shoot down my claim after 2 years. I'm kind of treading water. With no income coming in since they cut me off, shouldn't workman's comp kick back in? I currently have no income nor a way to get around my medical situation in order to secure a job. I'm also an inactive employee to the company. I have an option to retire but it would only assist me in securing health insurance with 20% payment for me. Don't know which way to travel. Any pointers or help would be appreciate it.

Default Re: Received Worman's Comp, then Insurance Company Approved My Ltd Claim

I currently have no income nor a way to get around my medical situation in order to secure a job.
    What is the current status of your claim?

the LTD carrier "forced me to file for SS disability.
    That would be the norm... the LTD carrier pays in last position after any/all other benefits you may be eligible for.

You should disucss your options with a WC attorney.

Default Re: Received Worman's Comp, then Insurance Company Approved My Ltd Claim

As for a SS disability, I've been denied and am currently awaiting a hearing on SSD. I'm a minimum of 60 days out on the hearing. It has been assigned, but nothing has been set up yet.

wasp

If you are able to perform any type of work, even sedentary, SSA will deny.
    Hopefully you have an SSA attorney handling the hearing issues.