Default FCE Testing Too Soon

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: ALASKA
    I have Complications after my knee Surgery, Sweeling Knee Pain and Very stiff and still unable to squat, kneel or twist. Still can't stand for very long at a time and it keeps me up at night with pain.This is after my Surgery 14 weeks ago. I have a Job listing of Heavy physical demand and have been in a Very Light P/T program for 10 weeks. My P/t said that I will always have pain in my knee so he has recommended to my Doc to give me a FCE test and work hardening program to get me back to work as soon as possible. She signed it. Is This for my benifit or is this more for the I/C. What can I do?

Default Re: FCE Testing Too Soon

Quote Quoting R1962C View Post
    My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: ALASKA
    I have Complications after my knee Surgery, Sweeling Knee Pain and Very stiff and still unable to squat, kneel or twist. Still can't stand for very long at a time and it keeps me up at night with pain.This is after my Surgery 14 weeks ago. I have a Job listing of Heavy physical demand and have been in a Very Light P/T program for 10 weeks. My P/t said that I will always have pain in my knee so he has recommended to my Doc to give me a FCE test and work hardening program to get me back to work as soon as possible. She signed it. Is This for my benifit or is this more for the I/C. What can I do?
    getting a paycheck benefits you and the employer/carrier.
    all work comp systems are geared to helping the medical community return the worker back into the work force as soon as possible.
    not all pain means you are injuring yourself. pain occurs when healing and sometimes when you're condition is stable.

you are entitled to a second medical opinion but it won't negate the current one.
    if there is a dispute, you can have the comp commission decide.