Thread: 26 Week Law

Default 26 Week Law

My workers compensation claim was made in the
    State of: MN
    Recently i was notified i won my carple tunnle case that i filled on a employer months after quitting. well i was told its a law that i can only receive 26 weeks of pay. well i quit my job do to not getting enough hours. i was getting 2 days a week if lucky.
    i guess what im asking is why my last 26 weeks?? i will be getting around 10% of a years wages, not 50%.
    will i really get screwed that bad?

Default Re: 26 Week Law

well i was told its a law that i can only receive 26 weeks of pay. well i quit my job do to not getting enough hours. i was getting 2 days a week if lucky.
    i guess what im asking is why my last 26 weeks?? i will be getting around 10% of a years wages, not 50%.
    will i really get screwed that bad?
    What 26 weeks are you referring to?
    WC TTD, or UI/Unemployment Ins benefits... both are completely seperate specie of benefits, and not related.

well i dont get ui . buti was told money wise i will only get 26 weeks of pay. they said it was the last 26 weeks

Who told you the info you are repeating...and why.
    What benefits are you referring to ?
    i will be getting around 10% of a years wages, not 50%.
    What are you basing your assumption you will be paid 50% of your wage... 26 weeks is 6 months..or 50% of the year.

You aren't providing enough info here for anyone to tell what difficulty you are experiencing.

26 week= 6 months, which is 50% of the year. that last post was alittle confusing sorry.
    my lawyer is telling me its a law that i can only receive my last 26 weeks that i worked there as settlement. the company was slow and thats one reasn i quit. if they do pay me those last 26 weeks it would only be around 10% of a full 26 weeks, due to them being so slow at the time i quit.
    ir hope that makes a little more sence.

Quote Quoting BigT View Post
    26 week= 6 months, which is 50% of the year. that last post was alittle confusing sorry.
    my lawyer is telling me its a law that i can only receive my last 26 weeks that i worked there as settlement. the company was slow and thats one reasn i quit. if they do pay me those last 26 weeks it would only be around 10% of a full 26 weeks, due to them being so slow at the time i quit.
    ir hope that makes a little more sence.
    to find out why the state legislature made a certain change in the law you would have to know which bill contained the revision and then you could look at the legislative record (daily record and committee documents) that contains the various arguments made in favor and opposed. then look at the version and amendment history.
    it is very fascinating to research the history of a particular piece of legislation. if it was a recent change your atty could probably give you the bill number that originated the change and you could look it much of it up online.