Default Loss of Financial Stability

I have been on Work Comp for a year now. I have had surgery for fushion on my neck and now have a permanent injury. Work Comp wants to have a rating on me done and then will tell me from there what I am to be offered. Work comp spokeperson mentioned an extra cost they could give me since I lost all my savings trying to live on wages paid on work comp vs what I was making and hours worked/ bills from larger income, etc. I just lost my house since I could not afford the house, vehicle and bills. Long story short, is there attorneys who will steer me in the right direction and if so, how does one go about finding attorneys who will help when there is an active claim and no argueing?

Default Re: Loss of Financial Stability

DeeDee56
    Work comp spokeperson mentioned an extra cost they could give me since I lost all my savings trying to live on wages paid on work comp vs what I was making and hours worked/ bills from larger income, etc.
    Somebody's pulling your leg, they pay a percentage of your wages plus medical, period.

There is no extra money for "Loss of Financial Stability"
    You won't find that term anywhere in the New Mexico Workers' Compensation Statutes and Rules

Here's the run down on New Mexico.
    Benefits for Temporary Total Disability (TTD)
    The percentage of worker's wage paid is 66 2/3. For weekly payments, the minimum is $36 or actual wage if less, and the maximum is $699.01, 100% of SAWW. The maximum period of payments is the duration of disability.

Benefits for Permanent Total Disability (PTD)
    The percentage of worker's wage paid is 66 2/3. For weekly payments, the minimum is $36 or actual wage if less, and the maximum is $699.01, 100% of SAWW. The maximum period of payments is the lifetime of the injured worker.

Benefits for Permanent Partial Disability (PPD)
    The percentage of worker's wage paid is 66 2/3. For weekly payments, the minimum is $36 or actual wage if less for scheduled injuries, and the maximum is $699.01, 100% of SAWW. For non-scheduled injuries, the maximum period of payments is 500 weeks if the disability is less than 80%, 700 weeks if it is greater than 80%, or 100 weeks if it is a primary or secondary mental impairment. The maximum payment amount is $489,307. If partial disability begins after a period of total disability, the period of total disability will be deducted from the maximum period.

Internet: http://www.workerscomp.state.nm.us/
    Additional Information
    Historical compensation benefit levels are available in PDF format (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader) online at:
    http://www.workerscomp.state.nm.us/pdf/aww_table.pdf
    New Mexico Workers' Compensation Statutes and Rules are available in PDF format (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader) online at:
    http://www.workerscomp.state.nm.us/rules/index.php

Consult and hire an attorney before you go any further.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.