Default Case Coming to an End

Hey guys, havnt been on in awhile but I will give you an update. My docror has sent a copy of his report to WC and he lists me as having sustained greater than 71% whole person impairment. (the greater is because he didnt include my psychiatric rating.) I have now been set up with a Workers Comp Services company that says its there job to find me a job that I may be capable of doing in my situation. He is from Louisiana and doesnt know Arkansas Law and has asked me to find out a few things. #1) How long can I recieve WC pay and #2) How much can I make at a job and still draw WC benefits. As a recap, I was burned 60% of my body in an industrial accident from 200+ degree water when I fell into a pit. Besides the burns I have had physical impairments to my legs making it difficult to walk or stand very long and also internal organ damage I am still fighting. I am meeting him in a few minutes and would like some kind of feedback to give him info. I have tried accessing the Arkansas Workers Comp site but it keeps kicking me off .

Thanks,

Mike

Default Re: Case Coming to an End

Quote Quoting cobia View Post
    Hey guys, havnt been on in awhile but I will give you an update. My docror has sent a copy of his report to WC and he lists me as having sustained greater than 71% whole person impairment. (the greater is because he didnt include my psychiatric rating.) I have now been set up with a Workers Comp Services company that says its there job to find me a job that I may be capable of doing in my situation. He is from Louisiana and doesnt know Arkansas Law and has asked me to find out a few things. #1) How long can I recieve WC pay and #2) How much can I make at a job and still draw WC benefits. As a recap, I was burned 60% of my body in an industrial accident from 200+ degree water when I fell into a pit. Besides the burns I have had physical impairments to my legs making it difficult to walk or stand very long and also internal organ damage I am still fighting. I am meeting him in a few minutes and would like some kind of feedback to give him info. I have tried accessing the Arkansas Workers Comp site but it keeps kicking me off .

Thanks,

Mike
    it depends on what the court approves as your final PD rating. if you are permanently totally disabled (100%) the maximum is 325 weeks.
    (B) For injuries occurring on or after January 1, 2008, the employer or its insurance carrier shall pay weekly benefits for death or permanent total disability not to exceed three hundred twenty-five (325) times the maximum total disability rate established for the date of the injury under this chapter.
    11-9-502(b)(1)

workers comp is not social security. permanent disability is paid in addition to any other income (even in Louisiana)

Thanks .SH, I wasnt sure and have not hired a lawyer or been to court. This representative I have met with is the first action I have seen since my accident, 11-13-07. He has stated that in Louisiana, since I was making $22.00 an hour when I was hurt that if he found me a job making $7.50 an hour that I would still be able to draw my WC pay but he wasnt sure how Arkansas handled such matters.

cobia
    I have tried accessing the Arkansas Workers Comp site but it keeps kicking me off .
    Try this link http://www.awcc.state.ar.us/
    Additional Information:
    A chart of historical compensation benefit levels is available online at:
    http://www.awcc.state.ar.us/adv_new/adv2000_1.pdf
    Rules of the Commission are available online at:
    http://www.awcc.state.ar.us/ruleind.html

My doctor has sent a copy of his report to WC and he lists me as having sustained greater than 71% whole person impairment.
    I have now been set up with a Workers Comp Services company that says its there job to find me a job that I may be capable of doing in my situation.
    Consult and retain legal counsel before you have any further contact with anyone, these guys are hired by the I.C to protect their interests, they're not your friend.

These guys can be very aggressive, you'll need a lawyer to act as a buffer and to protect your interest, do not do anything until you consult an attorney!!!

Hire a lawyer A.S.P!!!!

SH
    (B) For injuries occurring on or after January 1, 2008, the employer or its insurance carrier shall pay weekly benefits for death or permanent total disability not to exceed three hundred twenty-five (325) times the maximum total disability rate established for the date of the injury under this chapter.
    11-9-502(b)(1)
    What state is that from and why don't you supply a source?

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

11-9-502 is the state law citation.

Quote Quoting .SH View Post
    11-9-502 is the state law citation.
    Again, what state and why can't you post the link to your source?

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.