Default IME Doctor States I Have Reached MMI

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: MT
    I received an email from my adjuster today telling me that I will no longer be receiving benefits.
    My injury happened when I was running to get behind the front desk ( I was the GM at this hotel ). My foot stopped on the tile and I kept going. I only had about 6-8ft to go before I ran into the corner wall. It was the small convenient mart right next to the front desk....that was L shaped and I ended up shoved into the corner walls landing on my left knee, arm and chin....with my right side twisted behind me. The pain in my left knee was so excruciation I could only feel that pain for many weeks. I was the GM and lived on property....which I had to work the front desk M-F 6am-6pm....and I figured that I probably just bruised my knee and it would go away soon. Well it didn't and by the next month I was getting sharp pains shooting down my right leg. When I was able to go to the doctor...they atttributed it to my right side being twisted back when I fell. My doctor ordered an MRI and it showed I had 2 bulging disks with a small tear....and the pain in my right leg was referred pain. This has gone on for 1 1/2 years with therapy....injections in my lower back....therapy....therapy( no payments of anykind) !!! Finally an IME was ordered and know they are saying the back symptoms are not related...even though I have been treated all along. The pain in my right leg is still bad and the IME dr says MMI. I am contacting a W/C attorney.....do you think I can fight this decision that the adjuster submitted.

Default Re: IME Doctor States I Have Reached MMI

Consult with the atty... a hearing will be scheduled and judge decide the issues.
    No one can forsee what the outcome will be... atty is your best option.

It is a common practice for the IME doctor to try and come up with some stupid reason for your claim to be denied. You have to fight it and you need a good lawyer ( not a flashy tv ad atty) your evidence will be the true testimony from your treating physician who has more weight at the hearing then the IME ho. Welcome to WC and hang in there.

Thanks Leslie and BvIA...I appreciate the response

Well...its been 7 months and the insurance company finally approved medical at least temporary until I had another IME. Went to have my IME a while back and now it is finally decided that I have had a pinched nerve in my back causing the sever pain in both legs and low back.
    So I wonder what will come of this....will they realize that terminating my medical was wrong reinstate completely and maybe compensate me some.