Default Returning on Light Duty

In July I injuried my shoulder. I have been going to PT which has been helping. I having been feeling the dr isn't doing much expect giving me pain meds. I spoke with my wc adjuster about getting a 2nd opinin, it took her awhile to get me some doctors. Both she suggested wont take 2nd opinions. So I con't to see my original dr. Recently a nurse was put on my case. She didn't call and speak to me before she called the dr. The dr told me that wc wants me to return to work on light duty, sit down work with Restrications to movements. My question is since my job isn't a sit down job and requires lots of movement and repetive movement can my employer send me to another state to perform "office" work?

Default Re: Returning on Light Duty

Quote Quoting TMC View Post
    In July I injuried my shoulder. I have been going to PT which has been helping. I having been feeling the dr isn't doing much expect giving me pain meds. I spoke with my wc adjuster about getting a 2nd opinin, it took her awhile to get me some doctors. Both she suggested wont take 2nd opinions. So I con't to see my original dr. Recently a nurse was put on my case. She didn't call and speak to me before she called the dr. The dr told me that wc wants me to return to work on light duty, sit down work with Restrications to movements. My question is since my job isn't a sit down job and requires lots of movement and repetive movement can my employer send me to another state to perform "office" work?
    i think it depends on travel time and convenience. to some workers the commute would be shorter and easier to travel to a neighboring state.

The difference in commute is about 5miles. However my current commute there is little to no traffic. Traveling to Mass I'm going to be getting stuck in traffic everyday to and from. Also I was hired with a flexible schedule I can work 8hrs between 7am and now if they send me to the main office to do light duty I lose the flexibility and have to work M-F 9am-5pm.

Quote Quoting TMC View Post
    The difference in commute is about 5miles. However my current commute there is little to no traffic. Traveling to Mass I'm going to be getting stuck in traffic everyday to and from. Also I was hired with a flexible schedule I can work 8hrs between 7am and now if they send me to the main office to do light duty I lose the flexibility and have to work M-F 9am-5pm.
    Your ER can change your job, work duties, time etc any time they like, the job is for the convience of the ER, not yours. You don't have to do any work you don't want, but your TTD/TPD could be adversely affected. IF light duty work is available, and you refuse, you should look for those TTD checks to stop. Commute or no commute.
    In July I injuried my shoulder. I have been going to PT which has been helping. I having been feeling the dr isn't doing much expect giving me pain meds.
    What would you like your Dr to do... ? Do you want surgery, where surgery may not be recommended? Healing time is unique to your body... PT, shots may be the treatment necessary, give it time to heal.