Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: The Longest Running Worker's Compensation Case You Have Heard of

Quote Quoting FairlyUnbalanced View Post
    A good friend worked for "Cor-Companies" as a consultant, after this "for-profit" prison company's CFO and Management screwed up big time!

"C-Corp" won the bid to run two prisons (one on I-15) and a "Youth Facility", other suitors could not touch their winning bid! Cor-Comp assumed they could over-turn the Union Contract and pay our workers "Texas Wages", Wrong!

Not knowing the facts, was inexcusable for a "rebidding of the cost to run both facilities", Wackenhut laughed their butts off, a blunder that almost drove their small competitor into BK. I think the Texas "for profit" companies saw California's bulging prison population as easy money, wrong! The Unions forced "C" corp to honor all Union wages and benefits previously agreed upon by the State.

I wish the Unions would remember everyone in the Country, deserves a wage that prevents starvation and tax-payer subsidization. Unions need to stick together, and help other areas of California's economy, knowing most AAs did not support the recent WC Reform, Unions should have stood up and yelled "No!" to Jerry Brown!

We all have become toys for the Billionaires to play with (Jerry Brown included), our kids join the military and fight their wars to protect their interest, and we can't support the "Troops" with the "Job Bill" all the Republicans shot down, which gave preference to military and vets coming home!

When are the Unions going to realize, if you don't have public support, public and private companies are going to look to expand here in California. Wackenhut and a few others seem to think there is lots of fat to destroy, Arnold talked about the "Pension Time-Bomb $440 Billion Unfunded Liabilities" inability for Government to work together, and how he was the great liasion on a recent interview this week! Just some fun facts and thanks for the input!
    Angie Wei and the unions helped write sb 863. they worked hard to get Jerry Brown to say yes.

Injured in 1997 and my case is still open!

27 years here. I was injured in 1987. My case is still open, however, my WC rep is trying to close it. I have submitted paperwork about 6 weeks ago but have yet to hear anything. I do not have a lawyer, but have the option to get one. Also have been told I do not have to accept any offer that comes along. Injured in California; lower back injury; was employed at a Worker's Comp. Insurance Company at the time of my injury! I have been through everything except surgery. Have ramped up my meds to the point I am on Fentenyl and Oxycontin for this last year and still get lots of pain. Initial offer letter that started the closure process was $50K. Have been told it will be more.

The longest claim I ever saw was 60 years. It was actually a death case and they were paying the widow. She was being paid $20 a month. She never remarried and the benefits continued until she passed away. I think the accident was in 1937 or so.

my w/c case is 20 years old this year

Mune went for ten years only because My Ex Employer figured out I would not give up.

Omg! Horror stories! Not what I wanted to see after my so far 8 month battle. 😞

Going on 15 years here in New Jersey.Got injured in 99' was 41. be 57 in january. On my third judge whom I've never met.

My case with WC of CA.is over 20 years old and alive