Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Default Re: What Next

Mango,

AS long as you remain under Drs care and keep reporting poor sitting, standing and walking, and unable to push pull or climb and your Dr understands this. When your 450 weeks of SIF benefits come up all you will get is a form for your Dr to write that you are totally and permanently disabled then everything continues, keep all forms from SSA and WC as you will get reviews from the SSA as well as full reviews to see if you are totally disabled.

In many cases is to your advantage to get out of NJ and to a State that will not permit NJWC to have you re- evaluated, by going to a work training CTR. I understand PA is one of these states that will not permit NJ to tell them how to handle their residents who are under a Drs care for a work injury. As the treating Dr must release you to go to work training, and if you are getting medications for your pain conditions I seriously doubt you will be release to be retrained. There are countless scenarios that I can ponder but that's just something to think about as if you remain a NJ resident NJWC can make you go to retraining even under a Drs care for your work injury, I believe, this is a very technical area of NJWC law which I am still trying to understand but I know if you move other states may provide you better protections from what NJWC can do to you. You saw how miserable they made you these past 6 yrs didn't you??

Anyway I am happy for you that you got your SIF along with your SSDI. It sucks to have to fight so hard for what is rightfully yours just to prevent a few cheats from slipping through the system. I think there are many better ways to catch a cheater than to make legit pain sufferers go through all of this. I know I didn't like losing everything I worked all my life for and be reduced to what NJWC reduced me to!!!!!!!!

Just understand this it is NJWC law that your SIF benefits begin when you were found MMI, less SSDI payments. Your lawyer took all of your award as his fee. He is entitled to 20% of all your SIF until you turn 62 or 65 or full retirement age, as they are trying to change when you get all of your SSDI which converts to SSR or retirement thus the SIF can no longer deduct your SS from your ACE giving you double pay basicly. here are the laws I am referring to in the SSA Law review
    https://secure.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0452120165

https://secure.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0452101005

Trust me the BS is so deep in NJWC I need wings to stay above it all!!! Let me know if you want to chat about any of this turd, but your next hurdle is the 450 week review period.

I wish you the best with the beginning of your new life as it begins when your case settled. Enjoy as much as you can. DO NOT REPORT ANY SIF BENEFIT AS INCOME TO ANYONE!!! Open a separate bank account to have it direct deposited to then take the cash and put it with your family bill fund. This is very important it may not seem so now but as time goes by you will see how correct I am about this. Have I let you down yet?? Dont depossit checks into your bank account as then you have a paper trial which you want to avoid.

ENJOY WHAT YOU CAN. SAY HEY TO ALL YOUR LOVED ONES FROM ME

BUG

Thanks Bug. It really was an easy settlement. I was in and out so fast. The judge had time to take my wife and daughter back into her chambers for a show and tell. She even warned me about doing any type of work whatsoever. Even when SS says you can try to see if you can, the judge says don't. I'm just relieved it's finally over. My wife says hello and thanks for all your help .So now on to the rest of my life. It's been a long journey, but this forum made it bearable when I became anxious during the times I didn't know what was going on. So thanks again.

Happy New Year to all. Best wishes for 2017. I pray you all receive blessings beyond measure this year. Hang in there and stay positive.

It's taken 6 years from incident to settlement. But these are the longest days (my attorney said it could take up to 60 days before I receive my check) and then my SIF check every month after that. But after 1 month of waiting, I know with every day that goes by is another day closer to it coming. But the wait is excruciating to a point. And like BUG said, it isn't over until the money is in your hand. Too much snow for the mailman today. Hopefully I'll gain a little bit of patience before my hair falls out. Lol.

I have to say that I am pretty pleased with the outcome of my WC case. I've actually received 2 grand more a month than I thought I would be getting from the SIF. It was a long journey to get here, but the living is a lot more bearable now. I hope you guys going through are patiently indulging the process. there were times when I had to dig deep down to find some extra patience. So if you have a good attorney, stick with them and hang in there. Make sure you make it to all your appointments and be on time. Hopefully, everything works out in your favor. If anyone has any questions that maybe I can answer, just ask. Meanwhile, the senior guys are here with more knowledge than you can imagine. Take care of yourselves. Later.

As I may have told you Mango after SIF you begin the rest of your 2nd life. ENJOY IT MY FRIEND as it is a very short trip.

We're all happy to be here for you as thats why we dedicate ourselves to this cause, and the real thanks goes to TONY who is a HUGE reason this site exsists and I have been to many WC support/help sites and this one by far is the best for how it is run, knowledge, and support when an IW needs it most.

Wishing you well MANGO

BUG

Quote Quoting bugmann View Post
    As I may have told you Mango after SIF you begin the rest of your 2nd life. ENJOY IT MY FRIEND as it is a very short trip.

We're all happy to be here for you as thats why we dedicate ourselves to this cause, and the real thanks goes to TONY who is a HUGE reason this site exsists and I have been to many WC support/help sites and this one by far is the best for how it is run, knowledge, and support when an IW needs it most.

Wishing you well MANGO

BUG
    Yes indeed.....Good luck to you......and as always, Tony Thank You for what you do!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone. Hang in there and I pray everything works out for everyone.