Post Work Comp Company Refusing to Pay for Meds and Surgeries

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: New Mexico
    I was injured in a car accident in a company vehicle. I was laid off from that company and employed thru another company which paid for my surgeries. The lawyer I have is worthless and the work comp is now refusing to reimburse the company I worked for. I had 3 back surgeries and now have rods in my back. My physician gave me a 19% impairment rating and the work comp company sent me to one of their quack doctors who is saying my back is fine. I honestly believe my lawyer has been bought out. Is there anyone I can complain to and what if I want to get rid of this loser attorney. I'm not getting anywhere with his help and it's been 4 years since my surgeries.

Thanks for any advice

Default Re: Work Comp Company Refusing to Pay for Meds and Surgeries

Quote Quoting Dianebarlow View Post
    My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: New Mexico
    I was injured in a car accident in a company vehicle. I was laid off from that company and employed thru another company which paid for my surgeries. The lawyer I have is worthless and the work comp is now refusing to reimburse the company I worked for. I had 3 back surgeries and now have rods in my back. My physician gave me a 19% impairment rating and the work comp company sent me to one of their quack doctors who is saying my back is fine. I honestly believe my lawyer has been bought out. Is there anyone I can complain to and what if I want to get rid of this loser attorney. I'm not getting anywhere with his help and it's been 4 years since my surgeries.

Thanks for any advice
    you can file a complaint with the disciplinary board
    http://www.nmdisboard.org/

you can change attys at any time there will be a single fee shared amont attys on your comp claim.

I was injured in a car accident in a company vehicle. I was laid off from that company and employed thru another company which paid for my surgeries.
    Why would a second ER pay for treatment where another ER is liable...that makes no sense.

the work comp is now refusing to reimburse the company I worked for.
    That's between the two carriers...not you.
    The carrier who paid benefits is entitled to reimbursement from the 3rd party liable for the accident.
    I honestly believe my lawyer has been bought out.
    What do you think the 'looser' atty is supposed to do at this point?
    At the end of the day...the WC judge is the trier of fact. You don't owe anything here.

The lawyer advised me to have the other employer that hired me after the car accident with the previous employer pay for my back surgeries and work comp company refuses to reimburse them and feel like they don't have to pay for any of my medical.

Quote Quoting Dianebarlow View Post
    The lawyer advised me to have the other employer that hired me after the car accident with the previous employer pay for my back surgeries and work comp company refuses to reimburse them and feel like they don't have to pay for any of my medical.
    What you are talking about is between the carriers...you have no involvement in which carrier holds liability.
    And where there is a 3rd party involved, THEY are to reimburse the carrier who paid benefits. That money comes out of any 3rd party settlement you may receive.