Default How to See Doctor ASAP

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Arkansas. I was injured at work on 8/1/2012. I was diagnosed with a lumbar injury. I am seeing a neurosurgeon and have had 2 ESIs. I have had 12 sessions of P/T all before I had x-ray and MRI 2 months after the injury. Therapists says they believe my problem is my SI joint. I go next week to get my SI injection (even though there has not been an MRI done of hip/pelvis). I went to the Emergency Room 2 weeks ago because of the severity of the pain I was in. They wrote on discharge papers to follow up that week with my neuro. I called my NCM and the doctors office to tell them I needed a follow up apt. Did not get one because neuro office said had to get approval from WC to make an apt. So just this weekend I told my employer that I was in severe pain and felt as if I needed immediate medical attention. She sent me to the "clinic" I was sent to on the first day of my injury. They gave me a shot for pain (which did not work) and told me to follow up with my neuro. I called my NCM again and told her I have got to see my doctor. She seemed more worried about the fact I have an attorney then getting me in to see a doctor. I called in to work the last two days because the pain I am in keeps me from being able to get comfortable no matter what position I am in, sitting, standing, laying down one is as bad as the next.The doctor I saw on Saturday changed up my restrictions, but offered no insight as to why I am hurting so freaking bad. needless to say my neuro is not seeing patients this week due to the holidays. However I am in so much pain right now I could SCREAM. Any suggestions? How can DR. not be seeing patients for a week without having someone there to take his place? And I requested an apt for an evaluation over 2 weeks ago, come on people really?!?!

Default Re: to See Doctor ASAP

Not much you or anyone can do to force a Dr to see you, or make an appt where none exists.
    Yes... pain is cause to scream at times... sounds like you have been diagnoned with a soft tissue injury, the muscles cause spasms in turn pulling on the vertebra where by the nerve is pinched. Oft times these resolve on their own in time.

You've had injections... PT... do you want immediate surgery that will probably not resolve the issue any faster. (?)

On call Dr's taking your Dr place are there for emergency situation... life threatenting, generally where a patient requires admission to the hospital.

Ice for short periods, followed by heat..repeat can sometimes help relieve pain... sure that isnt' what you want to hear.... but. Try it.

The main problem is the fact that there is still no clear diagnosis to my injury. MRI shows disc bulge L5/S1 and disc protrusion L4/L5. However therapists all have said seems more like a SI injury. (PT did manage to get my LLD leveled back out) No I do not want surgery at all, bad enough having those injections. I talked with my NCM again yesterday the doctor now wants to do EMG on the same day he does SI injection. All I want at this point is a good nights sleep and no pain. I do ice, heat, as well as my TENS, and pain meds and can get no relief from any of the above combinations. Why does dealing with WC have to be such a headache? If they pick the doctor why don't they let the doctor do what he feels needs to be done? Instead of waiting weeks on end for approvals for next treatments? I had to take the last approval letter to the doctor because they never received a copy of it. I am tired of them dragging this on and on. I had a life before this happened and would like to get back to normal.

There are LOTS of people in your situation.
    MRI shows disc bulge L5/S1 and disc protrusion L4/L5. However therapists all have said seems more like a SI injury.
    You definately do have a diagnosis... disc bulge. Therapists don't diagnose... Dr's do. Therapists provide therapy based on what the Dr orders. Listen to your Dr.
    If you have a significant disc bulge... in excess of say 4mm, your Dr could well recommend surgery. If you decline... you could see your benefits adversely affected... you'd could be delcared MMI, rated, and PPD indemnity benefits paid. Doing that... will not relieve the pain.