Default IME Pending Benefits

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Arizona

Hello,
    I finally talked to my IC/CA regarding my claim. She told me all benefits is subject to a IME, which is scheduled for next week. I was injuried on 12/21 from a fall. IC approved a Cervical Spine and right shoulder MRI. CA mentioned pre-ixisting condition. What should I expect at the IME appointment and should I attain representation?

Will I have to pay out of pocket for the doctors appointments/medications I have gone to and received if they determine my pain and limited motion is from a pre-ixisting condition?

Thank you in advance for your help! I am freaking out.....

Default Re: IME Pending Benefits

I doubt you will be prescribed any medications. the IC is paying for the visit. if you dont have an attorney yet, I would definitely retain one. Seems like they are going to push you through as fast and as cheap as they can because you dont have an attorney. The Dr might not even examine you and the appt may last 5 mins or less. He is not on your side, remember that. Dont tell him anything he doesnt ask and be polite.

Thank you for your reply. Since CA mentioned existing condition I think you are right. I don't know how to go about finding an attorney. Does anyone have a web site for me to find a good attorney? Thank you so much for your advice!

Even IF you have a pre existing condition, your fall could aggreviate, or cause reinjury, which IS fully compensble.
    You need your Dr reports to support your claim. If the IME agree with the CA... and denies your injury/claim...you will have to go to court.

BvIA,
    Thank you for your help. I just talked to an atty, which is actually a defense atty for an IC. I know him through family and he told me my fall could have been aggreviated even IF it was pre existing. He told me to go to the IME and if denied he will give me a good WC lawer to contact. He was surprised I had not received a denial or acceptance from IC, because they are suppose to respond within 21 days. UGH He also told me the IME doctors I am to see are very conservative.

I was also denied yesterday by CA an appointment I made to see my doctor this coming Monday. How do I get approval to see my doctor, I have no insurance. Has anyone experienced this before? What did you do? I am in major pain and can't afford to pay for a doctor. What should I do? Any suggestions and sharing your experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Get an applicant/injured worker attorney.

expect your IME to NOT go in your favor.. the doctor you will see is PAID by the insurance company. just remember that. my IME went exactly that way pre exhisting condition i won the 1st round but they appealed and they won you could go all the way to the state supreme court. you are NOT gonna win there either