Default What Records Can You Get from an IME Doctor

Can an IME refuse the claimant access to the doctor’s original personnel report files on a claim and then rewriting that report themselves saying this is what the doctor said? Why not just give me the doctor’s report directly?

Default Re: Ime's

No one can rewrite your Dr's report... get a copy from your Dr or attorney.

IME can't do anything but write a report based on his/her opinion.
    Why would you try to get a copy of your Dr report from the IME?
    The IME doesn't have your Dr files... only the report sent my the CA.

What are you looking for?

Sorry, maybe I didn’t make it clear. I went to my doctor and got my doctors report but when I go to an IME’s doctor they won’t give me their doctor’s report. They only want to tell me what that doctor had said, and will not give me his written report. In other words are they tweaking that report? What have they to hide if the report is as they say it is?

You are not entitled to a copy of the IME report, unless they intend to use it in court. The ER/IC paid for it... it's just a second opinion by a Dr of their choice. IME report is not part of your medical records, but is part of the claims file.

The IME report will appear in your claim and you can get a copy of that by asking the CM (Claims Manager) for that.

The IME examiner has a file from seeing you and I have not tried this but you are allowed by law to get a copy of your medical file from the medical person, facility you have been seen by, at, by making the request in writing. If the request is not honored then file a complaint with the State Dept. of Health and see if that can get you the report, file. Unfortunetly the Dr. has the right to charge you for the copy.

Even though the IME examiner tells you that they are working independently of the Dept. or Self Insured Employer in making their report they seem to on a large percentage favor the closure or denial of benefits and the claim. The injured worker is best to have an attorney to help them in presenting the protest or appeal for continued benefits.

Good luck in your cause.

Quote Quoting kdgardiner View Post
    The IME report will appear in your claim and you can get a copy of that by asking the CM (Claims Manager) for that.

The IME examiner has a file from seeing you and I have not tried this but you are allowed by law to get a copy of your medical file from the medical person, facility you have been seen by, at, by making the request in writing. If the request is not honored then file a complaint with the State Dept. of Health and see if that can get you the report, file. Unfortunetly the Dr. has the right to charge you for the copy.

Even though the IME examiner tells you that they are working independently of the Dept. or Self Insured Employer in making their report they seem to on a large percentage favor the closure or denial of benefits and the claim. The injured worker is best to have an attorney to help them in presenting the protest or appeal for continued benefits.

Good luck in your cause.
    Please tell us on what data you are using to make this assumption, that "they seem to on a large percentage favor, the closure, or denial of benefits and the claim"?

I was able to get the report from the Wa st L&I web site

Quote Quoting ladyvol View Post
    Please tell us on what data you are using to make this assumption, that "they seem to on a large percentage favor, the closure, or denial of benefits and the claim"?

Well if you do some snooping on the net about IME..it seems the consensus of most of the articles on it, is that they do have more empathy for L & I over the worker. They are primarily doctors who do this for a living, and all their patient base is injured workers, and L & I is the payee.

there is tons of information about an IME, What the examiner is looking for, and advice on what to do and not to do when you have one.

http://www.lni.wa.gov/ClaimsIns/Prov...ut/default.asp

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encycloped...jury-case.html

https://www.emeryreddy.com/seattle-w...l-examination/

just a few links I found in my research. Hope it helps!