Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default IME Coming Up

Was just notified I had an Independent Medical Evaluation coming up. My attorney said they work for the insurance company, etc. Hoping I get sent to an honest doctor. Can IME doctors override the current treating physician's orders/instructions?

Default Re: IME

yes.
    when there is a dispute between the medical evidence the comp court can decide.

The IME doctors I saw were like attorneys/doctors. They had there minds made up to find all of my injuries were pre-existing conditions. I have not received a report from their findings as of today, however I did receive a deniel from IC shorthly after the appointment. I went to an attorney and they want me to spend over a $2000 to see two doctors stating my injury is from my fall, therefore making my shoulder, neck and back injuries much worse.

Good luck to you! The IME was one of the worse experiences I have ever had in my life. I would only answer yes, no or I don't remember exactly what I told doctors over a year ago. I wish I had kept my month shut and just answered there questions as I suggested.

My attorney will not take my case without me spending a thousand dollars for each doctor they want me to see. It didn't matter what the MRI's I showed!

Had surgery nearly 3 months ago. Main issues are just stiffness, and tightness. Hopefully things resolve, and work out for the best.

i've had 2 ime's so far and both of them turned out to screw the ic. each time, the ime doc not only agreed with my treating doc but also ordered even more expensive treatment. not all ime's are for the ic.

i dont understand . your lawyer wants YOU to spend $2k for exams . change lawyers. i had 2 ime's 1st one went as expected. 2 hr wait 10 minute no hands on exam . back bruised and so was elbow . back was pre extisting ,and they won the appeal on the back. went for a second IME. this time it landed back in their face.. he found that my elbow was truly screwed up authorized the 3rd surgery and found in my favor . he said i could not return to my original job. pipefitter ive retired due to the back injury and am on ssdi. fce said the same thing . its now in settlement mode. seeing my lawyer wednesday . my elbow doc has me a t mmi, but can only lift 5 pounds and no repetive motion. so i guess the IME's can go either way

Just got some copies of some reports from the insurance company, 3 weeks before IME. Seems odd they blatantly say the IME Dr. is being paid off to release me before the appointment.

Seems odd they blatantly say the IME Dr. is being paid off to release me before the appointment.
    What is the exact language leading you to come to this conclusion?

does your lawyer know you have this info? if not, i would make sure he sees it asap

@controlfitter I sent him copies, and hoping to hear from him this week.
    Last edited by Brutus978; 03-20-2013 at 04:52 AM.