Default Medical Certification

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Maine

Quick question about medical certifications. I heard that I didn't need to fill this out as I was in a worker compensation leave not a FMLA leave. I got a call from the company today asking why I haven't sent the medical certification back in yet, also they put down on my reason for leave as my own serious injury even though the worker compensation company has been paying for me. I just received a letter prior to this call saying they denied my claim due to a previous injury, which is absurd but a different story, so I'm wondering if it has to due with us going to mediation for this? Thoughts?

Default Re: Medical Certification

Your ER can run WC and FMLA concurrently, yes, you need to sign the forms and get your Dr certification.
    It's not up to you...FMLA provides up to 12 weeks job protections, and ER paid benefits. You continue to be responsible for your contribution to GHP.
    I just received a letter prior to this call saying they denied my claim due to a previous injury,
    Aggreviation to a prior injury/condition is a compensable claim.

Thanks for the help. Quick question, what is ER? Also, the medical certification I never had filled out because, the HR department for the company I hurt my back for wouldn't call me back after leaving three messages to find out if I actually needed to do this. That was about 2 months ago, I'm assuming there must be a deadline can anything happen to me for not having that filled out?

Thanks again

In this case... ER is employER, EE is employEE.
    Also, the medical certification I never had filled out because, the HR department for the company I hurt my back for wouldn't call me back after leaving three messages to find out if I actually needed to do this.
    When your ER intends to run FMLA and a WC leave concurrently, they MUST notify you in writing, provide the forms to get the Dr to provide medical certification. FMLA cannot be back dated. FAQ's hhttp://www.ppspublishers.com/articles/fmla.htmere