Thumbs up Today is a Better Day

A few weeks ago I was so discouraged, so angry and sad at the WC process, that I posted in this forum I cried all day. I think I needed to do that, to get that out of my system so I could pick myself up and go on. What I realized was that the IC was not crying, they were not discouraged nor sad. They were going about business as usual doing what they get paid to do. So, I refocused my thinking, tightened my boot straps and prayed. I prayed for courage, to be able to encourage myself when there was absolutely no reason at all to be happy about my situation. Then I began thinking about other people in the world who are worse off than myself. That cheered me right up. I just had my second knee surgery this past Friday and today I am limping around the house, looking forward to the beginning of PT. Still no sign of a lost wages check yet, (it's been 18 weeks since my injury), my attorney has secured a second court date scheduled for June 20th. Yesterday I received in the mail a prescription drug card for my WC medications. This is the 2nd prescription drug card I received from my IC since my injury (the first one was cancelled by the IC without explanation.) So, if I look on the bright side, this is promising.

In addition, I saw an advertising on television from a local WC law firm and they demonstrated why we need legal representation going through these situations. The advertisement showed how it is the IC 'strategy' to "drag out" and "make an injured person wait" until the injured person decides to take matters in their own hands, and contact the IC to settle without a lawyer. The IC views this as an advantage when we are at our most vulnerable, when our basic life necessities are in jeopardy of being taken away (home, shut off notices from utililities, lack of food, This, the advertisement said was the worst thing an injured person can do. Yes, it is proving to be a long process, (it's been 18 weeks since I had a paycheck), but I know that one day and probably soon, I'll get my lost wages check(s). As my attorney advised me, "my job is to get well, his job is to fight the IC." If I can keep thinking like this, I can make it.

Default Re: Today is a Better Day

I hope you realize that prolonged exposure to serious injury and pain causes depressive like symptoms. sadness, anger, frustration are all signs of serious depression. you need to discuss these with your doctor and get a referral for counseling. it's not something that goes away on it's own or you can tough it out. i only responds to professional help.

I don't have those symptoms. I believe in prayer and God. My family has been awesome in the supporting of me during this time of need. Having 6 brothers and sisters who I reached out to since then, as well as my church. I don't need counseling in that respect. I thank you for your concern however. I'm not toughing it out per se, just understanding that this is temporary, and they can only delay so long, I will be fine. All my bills are paid this month, and my bills for May are starting to get paid as well. So, I'm not depressed. I think it's only natural to feel these things when you have been an exemplary employee, the top in your company, then the company allows an IC with this reputation (according to the FBIC rankings) to ignore you as if you do not exist. I am blessed because of my family, my daughter and son-in-law, my church family that are helping me. People in my church have been taking turns bringing food to me, take me to my doctor and physical therapy appointments, etc. No, I don't need professional help. What I need is my money!

Quote Quoting ScaredinMO View Post
    As my attorney advised me, "my job is to get well, his job is to fight the IC." If I can keep thinking like this, I can make it.
    Sound advice, one I should adhere to more my self now that I have a good attorney.

You have two of the greatest warriors on your side. GOD and your lawyer.What an awesome team of knowledge and power. Keeping trusting and believing and you will be fine. Myself I'm nearing 26 weeks but like you God has providedgreat support and special people in my life. I take one day at a time because tomorrow is not promised to me. God bless you and draw all your strength from the Lord.

i think your brain needs rest you are going through depression, my mom is going through depression too, her doctor gave her some sleeping pills to rest and sleep well. you must go for it too, i am sure it will help.

Quote Quoting ScaredinMO View Post
    I don't have those symptoms. ................................
    No, I don't need professional help. What I need is my money!
    I was so discouraged, so angry and sad.... I cried all day

it's very rare that one can successfully self-treat such symptoms and condition.
    good luck to you in that process.
    Last edited by .SH; 07-25-2013 at 09:05 PM.