Default Can I Quit My Job While Receiving Workers Comp Benefits

i got hurt back in december i have been thrown from doctor to doctor and have gotten know where i been off work for six months. ihad to move from wv (where i got hurt at work) back to pennsylvania because i couldnt afford my place i was staying at because my pays from workers comp where so low. Work had not let me work with restrictions and now they have decided that they will let me this is after six months of being off. i am not able to go down there to work now because i have no where to stay. can i quit my job? will they make me pay money back if i do quit? how do i go about quitting once they let me do the light duty? i am goin to be transfering my care to pennsylvian after my next appt on wed. i already have a doctor that will take me. i understand that if i quit i will not get a check which is fine i have found a job that has come into place with my current work restrictions. please help :/

Default Re: Can I Quit My Job or Will I Run into Problems

Comp is not health insurance; the employer is covered not you.
    Your claim an d benefits remain whether you quit or not.

Quote Quoting .SH View Post
    Comp is not health insurance; the employer is covered not you.
    Your claim an d benefits remain whether you quit or not.
    That's ridiculous and you know it.

You must accept all work offered within your restrictions.
    If you quit your job, you forfeit wage loss benefits and retain medical.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

they only thing is when they do let me work on my restrictions i have no where to stay down there because i had lost my place when i went on it bc i wasnt able to make rent n untilities and there is no way that im goin to be able to work down there now im still having problems with my neck and go back on wed but i am unsure on how im gonna be able to do restrictions without having to quit its a 2 n 1/2 hr drive for me