Angry No Injury Report Taken

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: West Virginia
    I hurt my back on the job exactly 8 days ago. My supervisor never filled out an incident report Eventho I told her i was in so much pain and had to leave. I went home that day early from work and couldn't move or get out of bed a few hours later at home. i went to the hospital and got checked up on and it turns out i had a lower back strain. i realize this is not a serious injury, but ive never been so stiff before where i couldnt move. Anyway, while i was at the hospital i filled out a workers comp claim and the doctor gave me 3 days off from work and told me if it still hurt in a few days to call a follow up doctor. i was still in pain on day 4 so i called and they told me i needed a claim number before they could see me and to contact my employer for it. i talked to my employer on day 5 and they didnt even know i had filed a claim because my general manager didnt check the mail. that same day she had my supervisor fill out a form with me and she sent it back to the hospital. i asked my general manager if i get a claim number and she said she had to wait for the hospital to fax her something back. well, that was 3 days ago and my manager hasnt been in the workplace for 3 days. i still dont have a claim number and it sucks because my back isnt as bad as it was, but it still hurts. ive been wearing a back support under my clothes and ran out of pain medication so ive been finding ways to get by. WHAT THE HELL IS THE DEAL?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do i have a lawsuit here?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! even if it is just a back strain, i feel i should b seeing a followup doctor here and im not getting the chance cause my employer hasnt given me any information in EIGHT FREAKING DAYS!

Default Re: Can Someone

maybe they don't have comp insurance.
    bypass the employer and try and contact the carrier (if there is one).
    directly.
    in the mean time go back to the ER for emergency care.
    the employer is required to post the carrier and a contact number in a prominent workplace.
    more info here
    http://www.wvinsurance.gov/WorkersCo...s%28WC%29.aspx

Angry Re: Can Someone

Quote Quoting .SH View Post
    maybe they don't have comp insurance.
    bypass the employer and try and contact the carrier (if there is one).
    directly.
    in the mean time go back to the ER for emergency care.
    the employer is required to post the carrier and a contact number in a prominent workplace.
    more info here
    http://www.wvinsurance.gov/WorkersCo...s%28WC%29.aspx
    I work at a big company that I'm sure has workers comp coverage, I just thought I should've been told what to do. I told my general manager that I have no idea what I'm supposed to do b/c I've never been thru this before and to let me kno as soon as she finds out and she never gave me any information. I didnt even kno workers comp info is posted somewhere she didnt even tell me that. im so pissed off about the whole thing i feel like my health and safety doesnt even matter 2 them bcus im so low on the totem pole!! anyway, thanks for the website and reccomendations.

Default Re: Can Someone

contact your union rep; maybe they'll make it a contract issue.