Default Knee Injury Requiring Total Knee Replacement

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Alaska
    I had a knee injury that required surgery. After the surgery I received a disability rating. Several years past and then I needed a total knee replacement (same knee). Since then I have had an evaluation but have not yet been rated. I was told that if there was a difference between the previous rating and the new rating I would be compensated. if not then there would be no compensation. My question is this.
    While there is improvement from not having any cartilage in my knee to now having an artificial knee; am I not entitled to compensation for now not having my original equipment knee and for having to endure the surgery? Not to mention that now (and still) I am limited in my ability to perform certain movements and functions?

Default Re: W/C Insurane Practices

Vinnie
    I had a knee injury that required surgery. After the surgery I received a disability rating.
    And? Did you settle the case or accept PPD payments with lifetime medical?

am I not entitled to compensation for now not having my original equipment knee and for having to endure the surgery? Not to mention that now (and still) I am limited in my ability to perform certain movements and functions?
    Depends on how you answer the first question.
    If you settled the original claim, probably not.

You need to consult a lawyer to find out what you're entitled to based on the facts of your case.
    Consult and retain a lawyer ASAP!

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.