Unhappy Looking for Someone to Talk To

This is just going to be kind of a basic overview of my injury and the effect it's having on my life. I'm also going to vent a little because most days, no one understands what I'm going through every single minute of every single day. I'm in need of someone to talk to who can, hopefully relate..... I'm a 28 year old woman who was injured on August 5th 2011. I am married and have 2 beautiful, smart, amazing, energetic children, both under 7. After going through 2 separate discectomy and spinal fusion surgeries (removed 2 discs/ fused 2 levels August 2011 and removed an additional disc/ fused an additional level December 2011), I am still in constant, severe, debilitating pain. I cannot walk farther than 20 feet without feeling weak in my legs and almost falling, therefore, I am in a wheelchair whenever I leave my house. In my house, I use a rolling 4 wheeled walker with a seat (although my house is so small, I can barely make it down the hall to the bathroom with it). I have been on continuous medication since this all happened and it's not helping the pain anymore. I'm having severe sleep disturbances, and get up 3-4 times every night, if/when I'm actually able to fall asleep. I'm just so frustrated! It feels like my life has no meaning anymore!! All I do is lay in a chair and watch TV, or lay in my bed and watch TV. That's not an existence!!! I don't know one person on this planet who would want this pain... this horrible way of life. I'm just sick and tired of being sick and tired. Anyone with any thoughts or words of encouragement are welcome to reply. I'm just ranting, I guess, in the throes of a pain flare up in the middle of the night/early morning....

Default Re: Looking for Someone to Talk To

Things will improve in time, most cases like yours show improvement within five years, better than having no hope at all.
    You do have a right to wallow in your sorrow but don't get carried away with it, keep things in perspective.

You have to focus on the positives in your life, not the pain or current circumstances.
    Either reflect on the past or dream about the future when you become overwhelmed, fake it until you make it.
    Sometimes we have to live hour to hour or even minute to minute, the main thing is we never give up - we keep fighting.
    I assure you, you're young and better days are ahead, you'll be fine!

Keep Up The Fight!!!!
    Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Thanks for the reply, Tony!

Some days are so much harder than others and I get angry at the Workforce Safety system, social services, debt collectors (wolves, all of them), and most of all the doctors who can't give me any answers. I hope for a miracle every day just to get me and my family, who suffers with me, back to normal.

I dream of the day I'm recovered even 50% so I can get back to work and live a somewhat normal life. I'm sick of all the b.s. and just want everything to be NORMAL again! On those down days, I guess all we can do is pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and trudge on.

Kkm, Let me start off by telling you to hang in there and keep reminding yourself that things will get better . I was hurt eight years ago and felt like you do now, But I just lost my Husband 8 months ago and nothing is harder then that I was Married 35 years to my best freind. So please try to keep yourself happy and enjoy your Family .

Quote Quoting susu View Post
    Kkm, Let me start off by telling you to hang in there and keep reminding yourself that things will get better . I was hurt eight years ago and felt like you do now, But I just lost my Husband 8 months ago and nothing is harder then that I was Married 35 years to my best freind. So please try to keep yourself happy and enjoy your Family .
    Sorry for your loss, stay strong!!!

I'll Keep You In My Prayers - God Bless
    Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Hi There. I am newly injured, 5/31/13, injured neck with constant pain, muscle spasms. Therapy appts every week. I am "permenant lay" disabled according to my dr.s. Can't work. Comp dr report decreased my income. Finally getting ready to go to court with them. Thank goodness for good lawyers. And yes, slowly things are getting better. Thx for sharing. Keeping the faith!

Quote Quoting susu View Post

I am SO very sorry for your loss, susu. I could not imagine losing my husband and I'm sure it's a horribly painful thing to deal with. Try to stay strong and, like Tony said, Fake it till you make it. Those hard days, we just have to take it one hour, one minute at a time...

We are all in this Workforce Safety/ Work injury mess together! That gives me comfort, knowing I'm not the only one. I hope you are able to find peace after your terrible loss. Wishing nothing but the best for you and I'll keep you in my prayers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Quoting Litlgrn View Post
    Hi There. I am newly injured, 5/31/13, injured neck with constant pain, muscle spasms. Therapy appts every week. I am "permenant lay" disabled according to my dr.s. Can't work. Comp dr report decreased my income. Finally getting ready to go to court with them. Thank goodness for good lawyers. And yes, slowly things are getting better. Thx for sharing. Keeping the faith!

I truly hope your injury continues to get better.

Unfortunately, at the time I was injured, I didn't understand what "claim accepted on aggravation basis" meant. I didn't get a lawyer and was SO desperate for money ( I had been out of work for 3 months already) so I didn't fight it. Now, they only pay me HALF of my previous wages because I had a "pre-existing condition". Thing is, I could work before. I could pick my children up and walk just fine and climb stairs and do everything I can't now. I had a lawyer for my disability case and he said if I had retained him back in 2011, he could have gotten me my full benefits.

Well anyway... right now I'm struggling to get the doctors to DOCUMENT all of my issues. I went in and got my medical records and there are so many things missing. I've tried to talk to pain management and my neurosurgeon about my other issues I've developed from this injury, and they aren't documenting any of it. I have anxiety issues, and it's very hard for me to stand up for myself. I'm a very non- confrontational person, so when they brush off my concerns in the office, I'm always afraid to say anything. Since they've brushed off and haven't documented 80% of my complaints I can't get a proper PPI rating. This whole system is so messed up.

I wish you the best of luck going forward and will pray that you continue improving! Stay strong!!