Default What is a Realistic Amount for PPD Award for Work Related Injury to Both Shoulders

I received injury to both shoulders and my chest in a work related accident. I have been told I have 15% total body impairment. As is stands right now I should be getting $100,000. Sounds like a good amount but when you think I have a good 20 more years before I would retire, that only gives me 5,000 per year! Not acceptable! Does anyone have this issue?

Default Re: What is a Realistic Amount for PPD Award for Work Related Injury to Both Shoulder

Normand
    Sounds like a good amount but when you think I have a good 20 more years before I would retire, that only gives me 5,000 per year! Not acceptable!
    You'll never get enough to retire 20 years before your time, that's not how settlements work.
    You should never settle unless you plan on returning to work or qualify for SSDI, you'll never get enough to live on for a lifetime.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.