Question What Can I Do when Surgery Has Been Denied Appeal Process Lawyer

I am twenty three and was injured on the job. I work as a paramedic. WC accepted the claim in Jan 2013 and I have been careful to go to every appt. I am currently on light duty. The original surgeon as well as a second opinion of their choice suggested surgery. I have been careful to do all that was requested of me, whether physical therapy or spinal injections. WC has denied surgery. Do I have any recourse? I am near the twelve month cutoff where my employer can terminate me. I don't have money or experience to know how to proceed. I don't know if I can appeal or get a lawyer? It is a back injury. WC stated the injury was unusual and not usually taken care of by surgery, however, since I have done everything else, I am at a loss as to how proceed.

Default Re: What Can I Do when Surgery Has Been Denied Appeal Process Lawyer

quietlady
    I don't have money or experience to know how to proceed. I don't know if I can appeal or get a lawyer?
    Don't do or say anything further to anyone until you consult and retain legal counsel.
    Lawyers work on a contingency basis, there's no upfront costs to you.
    Find a lawyer who specializes in worker comp in your area and consult with him or her pronto, don't delay.
    Be patient and tough it out, you should be fine.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.