Default Serious Complications When Recovering from Surgery

I had a work related injury back on 2004. Since then and now I have had several back surgeries that include fusion of L-4, L-5, S-1. I had to have a refuse and then had to have the hardware removed in which I caught a spinal infection and they had to go back in to clean it out. I also had to have 2 different hip scopes in which I suffered a lot of nerve damage. I have been deamed disabled and cant work amymore. I have been offered a settlement in the low $200K. I think its a slap in the face. Can I get some of you guys insight on this?

Thanks...Be Blessed
    Last edited by messedup4life; 03-14-2014 at 10:47 AM.

Default Re: I Think Im Being Railroaded. Can I Get a Few Remarks on My Case

Quote Quoting messedup4life View Post
    I had a work related injury back on 2004. Since then and now I have had several back surgeries that include fusion of L-4, L-5, S-1. I had to have a refuse and then had to have the hardware removed in which I caught a spinal infection and they had to go back in to clean it out. I also had to have 2 different hip scopes in which I suffered a lot of nerve damage. I have been deamed disabled and cant work amymore. I have been offered a settlement in the low $200K. I think its a slap in the face. Can I get some of you guys insight on this?

Thanks...Be Blessed
    That's high in this game.
    As a rule the carrier will settle for no more that five years of benefits, there's no advantage to do otherwise.
    Before they pay more, they'd rather make the weekly payments, collect interest on your money and hope you have a pre-mature death.

Consult a lawyer, have him review the facts of your case to determine the true value and the best way to go.
    At this point you really need to retain a lawyer to protect your rights, I assure you they will lowball you one way or another if you're unrepresented.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Default Re: I Think Im Being Railroaded. Can I Get a Few Remarks on My Case

$200K is serious money in the WC world. You certainly need an attorney if you do not have one already.