Default Leaving a Job Due to a Workplace Injury While Still Under a Doctor's Care

I am considering leaving my current job due to an injury received on the job that is interfering with my ability to do my job there. I am still under doctors care for injury and looking at possible surgery. If I leave this job to go to another job where this injury doesn't hamper job performance, is the WC insurance still responsible for my medical care on this injury???

Default Re: Leaving Job Because of WC Injury but Still Under Doc Care

Quote Quoting Dee Jay View Post
    I am considering leaving my current job due to an injury received on the job that is interfering with my ability to do my job there. I am still under doctors care for injury and looking at possible surgery. If I leave this job to go to another job where this injury doesn't hamper job performance, is the WC insurance still responsible for my medical care on this injury???
    In a perfect world yes, but....
    They'll claim this new job is exaggerating your injury and eventually leave you high and dry.
    It's not a good idea to change employers with an open comp claim, it will complicate if not jeopardize your case.

Tony
    Last edited by tony; 07-09-2014 at 10:31 AM.
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.