Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lack of Participation or Support

In case no one noticed, very few members respond to threads in the California board, many threads go without responses.
    I can't and won't attempt to keep this board maintained by myself, if you guys aren't interested in participating, that's fine with me.
    This is the one board I can live without - it's always been a hassle, a time consumer and is known for trouble makers, spam bots and trolls.

This board is what you guys make it, if any of you newbies feel inclined, don't be afraid to offer support or share experiences.
    I've decided to post a few sources for those in need of info, any future responses on my part will be referred to this thread.
    You should find the answer to just about any question in the below links.

http://www.dir.ca.gov/samples/search/querydwc.htm - California Regs
    https://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/medicalunit/faqiw.html - California QME
    http://www.dir.ca.gov/InjuredWorkerG...rGuidebook.pdf - California handbook

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

Default Re: Lack of Participation or Support

Tony,

I did not want to post in the Permanent / Stationary thread.......... I have noticed the lack of attorney participation in many state forums. California is the highest and New York is 2nd on the list of threads , and not one attorney posts replies. That has been puzzling to me. I have noticed some knowledgeable people use to post and no longer participate . I know what it was like to try and get info and hopefully getting the answers here , trying to fill in the gaps of what my attorney said and trying to understand. It is another venue to help the injured worker try to understand what is going on and what they need to do . People need to remember what it was like to feel to be in never - never land.......stranded , in need of help........ pay in forward.

goingback
    I did not want to post in the Permanent / Stationary thread.
    You're not from California, those are the members I'm referring to.
    We have had a few attorneys participate in the New York forum over the years, never a single one in the California board, they did spam the hell out of the place through the back door with spam bots though.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.

I can understand your frustration, Tony, but I hope that you would reconsider, since you are very knowledgable and your compassion shows for those injured workers who come to this forum for answers to their issues.

There's nothing to reconsider.
    When I see a thread that has zero replies with a hundred views by over a dozen members, it makes my blood boil.
    Most of you guys that sit back and help no one are the same ones that I've spent hours supporting and answering questions.

Not sure of what's going nor do I care, all I know is the California board is being undermined and boycotted and I ain't digging it.
    The only ones you guys hurt is yourselves and other injured workers seeking assistance, this is your board - make of it what you wish.
    I spend more time maintaining the California board than I do all the other boards combined.
    Like I've said, it's always been nothing but a hassle, it doesn't add anything to my life - I can do just fine without it.

Tony

Tony, if I had answers I would reply. I don't wish to sound or give bad advice. I know you have all the advice even if it is simply get a lawyer. Your dedication and help is greatly appreciated. I
    , if I can answer with an educated response will. I have read posts where people argue with you even though your response is sound and honest. Please reconsider your actions and maybe with what you've said will inspire others to help. With your leadership maybe it will turn around?

Tony,

I'd participate more but I'm not sure what to advise people. I'm not an expert, I'm simply another injured employee trying to make my way through this system. I'm doing it without an attorney and I wouldn't want someone to follow my path. I'm still working and many injured workers here are not. My situation is unique and I'm doing stuff that would be considered out on the fringes. I'm finding resources outside of the MPN and working directly with the IC...

I presume the reason California lawyer's don't participate here is so they don't give legal advice over the internet... or perhaps because they don't have a vested interest. There's the confidentiality thing..

How can I help with the California board?

Last edited by RCH; 07-14-2014 at 12:07 AM.

How can I help with the California board?
    Just share experiences.
    When someone has a simple question pertaining to procedure, I would think at least one member has experienced the topic at hand.
    I can't believe no one in the California board knows how long it takes to get to a hearing or has never been to a QME.
    You don't have to be an expert to share what you've experienced.

It's ridiculous when someone asks a simple question that anyone who's ever filed a claim should know, goes without a single response after a hundred views by 18 members.
    I dam well know most of you guys have been to a hearing or QME, there's no reason why someone can't get a response when they ask what to expect or how long does it take.

Tony

Tony, I see the fantastic job you are doing to help hold the California forum together. My injuries are SO OLD that none (well, some) of the new laws do not apply to me. I know the people who come here are desperate, ill-informed (by their attorneys) and don't know where to turn. They seem panicked (I can relate) when they get here. Your references to the DWC info are very helpful; although, the DWC seems to be getting even more confusing and consumed by "ifs, and, buts, may" just adding to the confusion. Thank you for all you have done and continue to do. Truly, the people do appreciate it, even if they don't respond.... they'll be back

P.S. It looks list post #1, but this is the third account I set up cuz i kept getting locked out.

Tony, I am 68 years old and was injured 18 years ago. I have dealt with SCIF since. I have had three back surgeries, the most recent in 2010. A 4 level lumbar fusion with retained hardware. To any newbies out there my experience has been the most bureaucratic nightmare of my life. I have had three attorneys. The first retired, the second passed away and the third is a large firm and I deal with different "helpers" (possibly paralegals) every time I have any communication with the firm.
    My case was originally settled with stip for continuing medical. This seemed to be working smoothly until the adoption of SB863 on January 1, 2013. It was then that I began having trouble getting my prescriptions filled. It was also around that time that my adjuster was changed several times.
    In an effort to keep this brief and offer some advice to newbies, keep a copy of everything. I literally have boxes of paperwork. If you receive paperwork from the IC or ATTY mark on it when it was received and file it so you can find it. Keep a written record of phone calls, the date, what was discussed. Keep a pain diary. Of course a computer becomes one of your most valuable tools. Remember, things move slowly, at least in my experience.
    My IC asked if I wanted to C&R my case in September of 2012. I just received a court date September of this year. Two years later. I will try to keep this board updated as to what happens from this point on. Hang in there.