Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Lack of Participation or Support

=wbruns;197726]Tony, I am 68 years old and was injured 18 years ago. I have dealt with SCIF since. I have had three back surgeries, the most recent in 2010. A 4 level lumbar fusion with retained hardware. To any newbies out there my experience has been the most bureaucratic nightmare of my life. I have had three attorneys. The first retired, the second passed away and the third is a large firm and I deal with different "helpers" (possibly paralegals) every time I have any communication with the firm.
    My case was originally settled with stip for continuing medical. This seemed to be working smoothly until the adoption of SB863 on January 1, 2013. It was then that I began having trouble getting my prescriptions filled. It was also around that time that my adjuster was changed several times.
    In an effort to keep this brief and offer some advice to newbies, keep a copy of everything. I literally have boxes of paperwork. If you receive paperwork from the IC or ATTY mark on it when it was received and file it so you can find it. Keep a written record of phone calls, the date, what was discussed. Keep a pain diary. Of course a computer becomes one of your most valuable tools. Remember, things move slowly, at least in my experience.
    My IC asked if I wanted to C&R my case in September of 2012. I just received a court date September of this year. Two years later. I will try to keep this board updated as to what happens from this point on. Hang in there.

Yeah that's a new trick that most IC are doing here up in New York even when I went to court and Won my case for the I.C to pay for all my script's they still refused too pay asking me if i had health Insurance that could help me pay for the script's. And since everyone is suppose to have H.Care they want too drop the ball on paying for script's
    Last edited by tony; 09-07-2014 at 03:41 PM. Reason: fix quote tags

I try to reply to a thread if I have had first hand experience, but try not to say much if I do not as I do not want to cause any one any problems....but I enjoy reading the California thread, I do learn from it and I don't feel like I am the only one living in this WC hell.

I just got off the phone with my legal firm. The attorney that was handling my case left the firm and I now have a new attorney. She wants to start the QME process over. I did QME December 2012.
    I have a court date at the end of this month (September2014). Apparently this date is to discuss my future medical needs? I'm not sure what to do now except go with the flow. I will try to have all the receipts for prescriptions that were not filled by Express Scripts and I paid for out of pocket. In the meanwhile my low back is getting worse. I get out of bed at pain level 5 and it is somewhat controlled by meds but by 9:00 PM last night I could not even sit down due to low back pain. I could stand up an walk around. I finally went to bed and, thankfully, I was able to get some sleep thanks to a new Rx for zolpidem. It is non-certified by State Compensation Insurance Fund but I was able to legally obtain it through other means.
    I had a 360 degree 4 level lumbar fusion with retained hardware (14 screws, 2 rods and a cross member) April 2010. It hurts.

Quote Quoting wbruns View Post
    I just got off the phone with my legal firm. The attorney that was handling my case left the firm and I now have a new attorney. She wants to start the QME process over. I did QME December 2012.
    I have a court date at the end of this month (September2014). Apparently this date is to discuss my future medical needs? I'm not sure what to do now except go with the flow. I will try to have all the receipts for prescriptions that were not filled by Express Scripts and I paid for out of pocket. In the meanwhile my low back is getting worse. I get out of bed at pain level 5 and it is somewhat controlled by meds but by 9:00 PM last night I could not even sit down due to low back pain. I could stand up an walk around. I finally went to bed and, thankfully, I was able to get some sleep thanks to a new Rx for zolpidem. It is non-certified by State Compensation Insurance Fund but I was able to legally obtain it through other means.
    I had a 360 degree 4 level lumbar fusion with retained hardware (14 screws, 2 rods and a cross member) April 2010. It hurts.
    That's pretty much all You can do believe me i know what you maybe going threw i had a spinal fusion surgery back in 08 from L-2 to S-4 or the scram the med's help but not that much. I'm sometimes in so much pain that even the drug's don't help and then I'm up all night long I once begged to die because it hurt so much and no matter what I did nothing made the pain go away. But after doing some soul searching and new med's I'm doing way better i'm still in pain at time's. But not as bad as I was before and the games that the I.C like's to play just sends me through the roof sometimes

Hi, I know I am not alone, and many of you have gone trough hell. I have several ongoing workers compensation cases including several complex fractures. All claims have been denied and in five years of care, I have not received a single treatment other than various painkillers and psychoactive substances. The workers compensation insurance system is a laughing stock around the world and is nearing a complete collapse.

I have visited several doctors in Europe who have advised me to leave California immediately to preserve what is left of my state of health.

We are considering moving out of state at the earliest convenience. I was wondering if there is any legal way to transfer my cases to any other states in the United States, I have already requested my medical records. My next step is to call workers compensation lawyers in other states and countries. Would also appreciate your advice. Thank you,

David

Five times posting the same question is plenty - please don't splash the board.

Tony
    Moderator Responses are based on my personal bias, experience and research - They do not represent the views of the admin nor may be accepted in the legal community, always consult an attorney.