Default Dont Understand My Boss Paid My Medical Bills

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Kansas hi I got hurt my back in Jan boss or owner sent me to the doc off work for a week and half. Doc put me on light duty wanted me to pt my boss told me work comp would not approve pt. So started pain meds muscle relaxers when back to work was in pain low back but manageable with pain meds. Then I broke my foot in April sent to doc again released to go to after two weeks. Shortly after I was back at work I got phone call from ic company asking me how my foot was doing I told them I still had some pain and couldn't feel my small toe but when I was on the phone with them I asked about my back injury because I was starting to have pain down my leg and weird numbness in my calf on the left leg the pain was getting pretty bad and I have told my boss multiple times about it they told me they had no record of my back injury and needed to inform my boss about it may and June came around after I had told my boss I needed to go back to the doc. He told me if I needed to go to the doc I could find another job so I quit because I seen where this was going filed unemployment denied hired att finally seen the ic doc and even the ic doctor said I need MRI. No benifits after two half months can't work att told me not to. How long tell I get treated anyone else gone thorough this.
    Last edited by bucky27; 09-10-2014 at 12:54 AM.

Default Getting Medical Treatment After Determination That an Injury was Job-Related

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Kansas hi I had to quit my job and hire a att. To get my boss to file my comp claim. He already paid my first med bills. And the insurance co sent me to an evaluation I just found out earlyer from my att that my evaluation was in my favor and the doc aggreed my accident happened at work I need an MRI to see what's wrong with my back even my doc ordered one that the insurance co denied not authorized is what it said I asked my att. Today how long would it be till I got one he said he didn't know. The evaluation doc also didn't say I could work or not work but said I needed this done I have not had any benefits in two half months anyone gone through this I guess I don't understand why it takes so long to get some treatment. I got preaty bad pain can't hardly do anything at all any suggestions. Need some advice to ease my mind.

Default Re: Some Advice Other Than Lawyer

You should not have quit your job. You have made your claim difficult. good luck

Default Re: Some Advice Other Than Lawyer

Kneebow here,

Workers comp never moves quickly. So get ready for the long haul.

Your attorney might be able to give you a better idea at how long this could take before you can get the treatment you need.

You may have done your employer a favor by quitting your job, but short changed yourself. Did you speak to an attorney before you made the decision to quit?

Glad to hear you got an attorney, hopefully one that specializes in workers comp cases.

I am not an attorney nor am I from your state. Different rules apply for different states but I believe you may have made a huge mistake by quitting your job.

You would probably have been entitled to monetary w/c had you not quit. Now you may only be entitled to medical. Don't quote me on that because like I said, I'm not from your state nor am I an attorney.

I wish you well.
    Last edited by kneebow; 09-10-2014 at 09:45 AM.

Default Re: Dont Understand My Boss Paid My Medical Bills

Kneebow here,

You may need and MRI but you need an attorney even more. One who specializes in workers comp claims.

When you quit your job, you did your employer a favor. They now won't have to pay you TTD. If you couldn't do the work and your doctor put you off on a workers comp leave you would have been entitled to temporary total disability. Now you may only be entitled to medical only.

They won't have to pay you unemployment because you quit. If they fired you, then they probably would have to pay you unemployment if you were able to work.
    Last edited by kneebow; 09-10-2014 at 10:06 AM.

so do I go get a job my lawyer told me not to

Kneebow here,

Did your attorney explain to you why you should not work? What was his/her explanation?

If you can't work due to your injury that's understandable for you to be off. But quitting your job let the employer off the hook for paying you TTD.(temporary total disability)

Your next employer won't be responsible for the injuries you sustained on your previous job.

I'm not sure where you go in terms of monetary benefits, because you gave that up when you quit your job.

Keep your attorney! Is your attorney an attorney that specializes in workers comp claims or is he/she a personal injury attorney?

Quote Quoting kneebow View Post
    Kneebow here,

Did your attorney explain to you why you should not work? What was his/her explanation?

If you can't work due to your injury that's understandable for you to be off. But quitting your job let the employer off the hook for paying you TTD.(temporary total disability)

Your next employer won't be responsible for the injuries you sustained on your previous job.

I'm not sure where you go in terms of monetary benefits, because you gave that up when you quit your job.

Keep your attorney! Is your attorney an attorney that specializes in workers comp claims or is he/she a personal injury attorney?
    my attorney only does work comp and personal injury

- - - Updated - - -

I just got my Ime report in the mail the insurance doc said that my back injury did happen at work on the specific accident date and I do need a mri hey also said that he reviewed my x rays at the time of the accident hey found that I have a growth on my C7 which is putting pressure on my nerves which is causing my hands to go numb and would explain the pain in my shoulders and arms. he mentioned that my lower back injury is disk related and is causing nerve irritation in my lower extremity's. I noticed in the envelop that my att demanded of treatment required by the ime doc.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish I would have known the work comp laws prior my boss was just such a jerk I didn't want to put up with constant nagging about me asking questions and putting me in harder position I already had enough pain and stress ran oil rig for a living like my said cant do it cant stay.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like an idiot and everybody is out to make money before I get treatment

- - - Updated - - -

In reply to your question though they told me if I got a new job it would ruin my TTD Checks and since my boss didn't have up to date insurance at the time I have nothing to worry about.

Kneebow here,

You can't get TTD checks because you quit your job.

You should really make and appointment your attorney to make sure you and he/she are on the same page.

I would also make sure that your attorney is a workers comp attorney and not a personal injury attorney there is a difference.

There is no way you can quit the job you get hurt on, then collect workers compensation after you quit. That is why they call it "workers compensation".