Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2014

    Exclamation Coverage for a Doctor Consulted Outside of Worker's Comp


    My fiancÚ injured himself at work and was sent to a corporate care doctor. The corporate care doctor basically told him that he was fine and to go back to work. He sought a second opinion through an urgent care physician, ended up having an MRI and Ultrasound and was found to have two major tears in his calf muscles, has to be off of work for at least a week until he visits an orthopedic doctor and finds out what is going to happen from there. His work is now giving him problems and not wanting to cover the urgent care and his treatment under workmans comp. What can he do????

    Thank you in advance!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    831 East Morehead St., Ste 355, Charlotte, NC 28202

    Default Re: Coverage for a Doctor Consulted Outside of Worker's Comp

    Well, the injured worker needs to work within the system. Thus far he has not.

    In his case, that means he needs to talk to a workers' comp lawyer and get some advice and probably become represented.
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

    Bob Bollinger, Attorney and Board Certified Specialist in NC Workers' Compensation Law

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-14-2014, 12:42 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-20-2013, 11:28 AM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-03-2013, 09:48 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 05:00 AM
  5. Building Contractor's Worker's Comp Coverage
    By fredboop in forum Connecticut
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-11-2008, 07:56 AM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Find a Lawyer