Default What to Expect During The Workers Comp Settlement Process

I've been back to work for some time now after a serious bodily injury but I'm not the person I was before in many ways. I know at some point a settlement will be offered. Just lookin for advice and "do's and dont's from folks that have been through it.

Default Re: The Settlement Process : What to Expect

Quote Quoting Bluegrasser28 View Post
    I've been back to work for some time now after a serious bodily injury but I'm not the person I was before in many ways. I know at some point a settlement will be offered. Just lookin for advice and "do's and dont's from folks that have been through it.
    Kneebow here,

Your post doesn't give enough information to give any advise other than suggesting you speak to an attorney that specializes in workers comp claims, to make sure that when, and if you are offered a settlement, you will be getting the maximum for your claim. There is a lot that comes into play when a settlement is being offered.

Best you worry about getting as healed and complete as you can, that is all you can do at this point. There, as I am sure you know, no guarantee of a settlement, or even a offer. I have been in this WC system for 6 years, three years ago they asked if I would be willing to settle, since then we have still never been offered a settlement. Sometimes, they just want to turn the heat up to boil under you, then turn it off until you freeze, then back up again. Driving an injured worker crazy, to bankruptcy, and doctor hell, is economical to them, if they can make you want to settle. Best you think about not, and how much more you will have if you never do, then to wish for the day you sell your future short for pennies.

Thank you Kneebow. I realize that I'm premature in even wondering about at this point. You are correct I'm only trying get an idea of what is a reasonable amount to settle. Not trying to sue or anything but don't want to get cheated out of anything. Don't even know my impairment rating yet. Left leg was amputated below the knee 1 year ago due to a crush injury.