Default Realistic Settlement Shoulder Rotator Surgery with Nerve Damage

My insurance company offered me 10,000 for my injury. What is a reasonable offer? I had surgery and have my shoulder put back together with pins. I can't lift my arm up and can't do the job I was doing before the injury. The surgeon says they may have to do another surgery. I have since started a new job that doesn't pay nearly what the original job paid, but had to take something. Any information on what I should do!!??? Thank you

Default Re: Realistic Settlement Shoulder Rotator Surgery with Nerve Damage

I myself don't think so but I don't know all the in's and out's, in 2004 my other half got 9K for a rotator cuff injury and surgery, and was told that another surgery would be needed in the future, now the shoulder is torn so badly it is beyond repair....so to me it is not a fair amount, then again, nothing is a fair amount when dealing with these crooks....

Quote Quoting Cliff View Post
    I myself don't think so but I don't know all the in's and out's, in 2004 my other half got 9K for a rotator cuff injury and surgery, and was told that another surgery would be needed in the future, now the shoulder is torn so badly it is beyond repair....so to me it is not a fair amount, then again, nothing is a fair amount when dealing with these crooks....
    You're absolutely right. There is nothing fair when it comes to work injuries....if they make an offer and I don't take it, what happens, is there a court or something?

Have they said anything about a medical set-aside for future care? What does your lawyer think of thier offer? A lawyer is very important to us injured folks.

Quote Quoting hong kong phooey View Post
    Have they said anything about a medical set-aside for future care? What does your lawyer think of thier offer? A lawyer is very important to us injured folks.
    No they didn't mention it but thanks for pointing it out to me. He say offer was a little low, but to me not having use of my arm it seems really low.

Oh, believe me, I know what you mean.